Tagès can be copied?

vbimport

I just downloaded ProfileMaker v1.4 (don't know where from) and there are settings for copying the protection Tagès.

As far as I know this protection can't be copied (yet, but there working on it).

So is this useless or can this protection being copied with this settings.

I have this question also for other protections like: StarForce and PhenoProtect (these can't be copied either as far as I know).

PS. How can I put a printscreen in my text, so I can show what I mean?

Test

Originally posted by Namoh
[B]PS. How can I put a printscreen in my text, so I can show what I mean?

Test
[/B]

Upload your pic to your website and use the IMG tab to show the complete weblink

Example .

mypicture.jpg uploaded on www.host.com/user/me/mypicture.jpg

[ IMG ] www.host.com/user/me/mypicture.jpg [ / IMG ]

And if you don’t have a website (like me)!!! :frowning:

try a asus burner you just leave the settings as you would for safedisk 2 this little baby does tages and all perfect copys every time which model well just take a guess me and a couple of mates have the same ones no problem at all and yet you have all these idiots chasing around lite-ons ha ha ha ha see ya

@rrawkins

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=267987

Originally posted by Namoh
And if you don’t have a website (like me)!!! :frowning:

then you use your vast powers of search engines to find web space or change to an isp that includes a homepage for you.

Originally posted by rrawkins
try a asus burner you just leave the settings as you would for safedisk 2 this little baby does tages and all perfect copys every time

anyone care to confirm this? im doubting it :wink:

Originally posted by ckin2001
anyone care to confirm this? im doubting it :wink:
Me too. Total cr*p if you ask me…

ckin200 are you sure the copy protection on your disc is tages have you tested it with clony as some countries moto 3 has safedisc 2 on it anyway so if that was the case it would copy!!!
double check it ?

One thing is clear: tagès protected cds contain sectors that return different data when read several times, which is impossible to copy in raw-dao-96 mode.

We all can only guess as to how they make these sectors, but even if we knew, we could never copy them!

The only way to make a working copy is to emulate these funny sectors by either a virtual cd-rom or a special driver.

Originally posted by logicwatch
ckin200 are you sure the copy protection on your disc is tages have you tested it with clony as some countries moto 3 has safedisc 2 on it anyway so if that was the case it would copy!!!
double check it ?

\

good luck finding a quote where i said i had motoracer 3.

@ alexnoe

venom says he’s done it. multiple times. but since tages is only on 1 cd…it may be release - specific.

I am fairly new to this cd copying scene, however a close friend of mine (known as “The Shadow”), has been heavily involved in Australia with cd copy protections. In fact he has helped design some for local industry which are apparently “unbreakable”.

I asked him recently about Tages. He said that he has been aware of Tages for some time and that it can be broken. He indicated he had done it once only HOWEVER he said it isnt exactly easy, but once the right programs and more importantly CD type is in place is can be done. Another thing he said was that the burning process is slightly different but he wasnt sure how and he felt that this was somewhat unsubstaniated due to the cost involved of performing such a process on a large scale. Apparently he used a laser device that examines the CD and the way the data is burnt onto the CD. Only a few “home users” have this expensive hardware. He said that there are 2 programs that use Tages (I thought there was only one)

Unfortunately I didnt have time to query him on what he meant by CD type. I assume he means CD media type which is interesting. I have seen the laser device he talks about. It is like a scanner that examines the particular CD by running a laser over it.

Probably this post doesnt help much but it does look like Tages can be broken but no one is really sure how. Rather it appears that luck rather than skill may determine how to break it. Interestingly if it is so good why arent other companies using it. Could it be copyright or high licencing fees? Perhaps it was a one off run to see how well it would go.

Tagès can be copied??
I just downloaded ProfileMaker v1.4 (don’t know where from) and there are settings for copying the protection Tagès.

As far as I know this protection can’t be copied (yet, but there working on it).

So is this useless or can this protection being copied with this settings.

I have this question also for other protections like: StarForce and PhenoProtect (these can’t be copied either as far as I know).

PS. How can I put a printscreen in my text, so I can show what I mean?

i d/l profile maker too and it does have a setting to make a tages profile.dont know if works or not

these are the settings it gives:
read speed data 4x
read subchannel data=on
read speed audio =4x
audio extraction quality= best
read subchannel data from audio tracks=on
fast error skip=auto
intelligent bad sector scanner=on, sector skip=100

write settings:
write speed=8x
always close last session

this is what profile it makes for tages

:confused:

Originally posted by slayerking
[B]
read subchannel data=on
read speed audio =4x
audio extraction quality= best
read subchannel data from audio tracks=on
intelligent bad sector scanner=on, sector skip=100

write settings:
write speed=8x

this is what profile it makes for tages[/B]
Interesting. From what I’ve been told by VeNoM386 and from my tests, there is subchannel protection, the check is in the \Data\Shared\Wave.aif file (81920 bytes). There is no Red Book audio on Motoracer 3, neither are there any errors like SafeDisc or LaserLock. So the audio subs is superfluous as is IBSS. If you ‘force’ FES “on” you will get SD ‘like’ errors in the log and do nothing but slow the read :wink:

I have 21 coasters from my tests - bite me

I have 21 coasters from my tests - bite me

oh :eek:

have you been able to make a succesful copy yet?
i know venom386 and olli know how to do it, it would be nice if the aussies got in on the act as well
:bigsmile:

Originally posted by slayerking
[B]
oh :eek:

have you been able to make a succesful copy yet?[/B]
No…
quote:

I have 21 coasters from my tests

I could have made more :stuck_out_tongue: but I got lost in the permutations of speed, media and devices

My knowledge of Olli & Venom ‘stuff’ could fit on the head of a pin (and there’d still be room left :wink: )

LOL!

all i know is that they say they can and have done it :bow: and being who they are I for one believe them

All CD’s that can be read by a CD/DVD - Rom ore a CDRW can be burned to a CDR … so if there are any bad sektors etc. ore sub channels IT can be copied since a CDRW is made to make 0 and 1 that a CD/DVD ore other CDRW can read , so as loong it can be read it can also be burned … it’s just a quiestion about TIME befor anyone find a way to do it … I find it odd that Olli haven’t found that way yet … ,but I don’t doubt that hi will find a way :smiley: :bow: :bigsmile:

@KickF:

Not quite true. CD-Burners cannot do all the things that a CD-Pressing plant can, like create sectors with C2 errors (intentionally), have irregular bit geometry, etc.

The CDRW burner that follows the Red and Yellow Books must be abel to burn CDR that can be read by the CD/DVD Roms that follow the red and yellow books … CD protections like SD2 tages +++ are not legal data since they do not follow the Red And Yellow books , thats why Philips that have the pantent on " CD " ( Compact Disc ) dose not like that the CD ( any CD… audio ore DATA ) have any type of copy protection , so if anyone are going to make a Copy Protection that follows the Red And Yellow Book , then the CDRW’s are going to make a perfect copy of it , so as I see it any cd that have a CopyProtection on it is not a CD since it dose not follow the Red and Yellow books standards, so fs Philips sue all the companys that makes cdprotections and prints the " “CD” logo on their CD , then the companys must REMOVE the “CD Logo” form the CDs and keep having the Copyprotections on the CD , ore that can just remove the Copyprotections and keep the " CD-logo " on their CDs :slight_smile: … I hope they do the last thing :slight_smile: