Tactical ops backup

Ok, I’ve tried to backup tactical ops with clonecd 4.0.1.10 and when i want to install the game from the backup, it hangs at 27/28 %. I used the game profiles with “always close last session”. The rest is standard. Can someone tell me wich settings I should use for backing up this game?

What kind of CD Writer are you using?

Can you post your read log?

Im using a lite-on 16-10-40 writer. I dont have any readerrors en clonecd runs through the progress. Hes done in 5 minutes…

Originally posted by Erickov
Im using a lite-on 16-10-40 writer. I dont have any readerrors en clonecd runs through the progress. Hes done in 5 minutes…
The 16101B like the 12101B cannot copy SafeDisc 2. However, since there are no read errors, the protection could be SecuROM or none at all (or CD Key authentication, CD Check)

Close last session is not required for game titles (or any other original CD) because the disc is copied ‘as-is’ ie finalised anyway.

I suspect that it is the new SecuROM which requires a reliable sub channel reader, which most Liteon’s aren’t :eek:

If it’s not SecuROM then you have a bad image or written CD-R.

Test the image in Daemon Tools (see the FAQ here)

Try the Liteon profile “Lite-On SecuRom [NEW].ccp” from here stay in touch

copied this game 4 weeks ago my version was definately safedisc 2.51??? uk release ! only problem encountered was actually running the game needed top drivers for sound and graphics and had to adjust dx diag. however this was the same for the original disc so not a copy problem!!!

I copied it again, and it works, it seems that there was somekind of error in de cd-r itself. It was brand new although. I never had any problems with copying safedisk games like warcraft III. Thx anyway for you help all!

I copied it again, and it works, it seems that there was somekind of error in de cd-r itself. It was brand new although.
Not unusual, annoying, but not unusual
I never had any problems with copying safedisk games like warcraft III.
WC3 is SecuROM, btw