Tab order for fields in Configure window

vbimport

Is pretty weird.

Specifically the “DVD To Mobile - Generic” window.

If I start in “File Name” then tab to “Title” I cannot immediately tab to the “Author” field. Since they are part of the same group “File Type: aVI” I would expect to be able to tab between the 3 in succession.

But instead to get to “Author” its 9 tab-presses away from “Title”

Just put your cursor in the box and left click the mouse, no need to tab through every box on the screen.

[QUOTE=90312;2025750]Just put your cursor in the box and left click the mouse, no need to tab through every box on the screen.[/QUOTE]

Of course that’s a solution… or the developers can just set the TabIndex

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.control.tabindex(VS.80).aspx

as it should be, if proper form design is followed.

As long as the developers keep protecting my “Fair Use Rights”, I’ll gladly keep clicking in the boxes.

[QUOTE=90312;2025783]As long as the developers keep protecting my “Fair Use Rights”, I’ll gladly keep clicking in the boxes.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I look forward to all these helpful replies when I start a new thread discussing how you can’t alt-tab to the application, but sure, I can select it from the task bar.

:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=jeradc;2025841]I look forward to all these helpful replies when I start a new thread discussing how you can’t alt-tab to the application, but sure, I can select it from the task bar.

:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You might need to explain a bit because if you mean toggling between DVDFab and another open program by alt-tab, I do that all the time. Do you mean something else?

i just tried it and to get to “Author” its 9 tab-presses away from “Title”. i dont really have anything to say. just wanted to agree with you. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2026001]i just tried it and to get to “Author” its 9 tab-presses away from “Title”. i dont really have anything to say. just wanted to agree with you. :)[/QUOTE]

LOL:clap:

[QUOTE=troy512;2026001]i just tried it and to get to “Author” its 9 tab-presses away from “Title”. i dont really have anything to say. just wanted to agree with you. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

:slight_smile:

And 90312, here is my alt-tab thread I just started:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-wierdness-when-alt-tabbing-vista-241872/