Tab browser preferences in Firefox 3.0.2?

vbimport

Tab browser preferences in Firefox 3.0.2?

I have the latest version of Firefox (3.0.2?) and I am having difficult locating a few useful extentions.

1. Whenever i open multiple tabs from the bookmarks library, firefox automatically jumps to the browser and displays the open tabs. I don’t want that to happen. I prefer to open multiple tabs in the background, but I can’t remember which extention does it? Before Firefox 3, I think Tab broweser preferences extention had an option for that? I know it’s not the Tools>Options>Tabs section. Also, I have tried searching the Mozilla add-ons webpage to no avail.

2. Whenever I open multiple tabs, firefox overwrites t least on of the current open tabs, instead of opening the new tabs NEXT to already open tabs. I work with multiple tabs open at once, and I don’t like the new firefox overwriting old tabs.

Again, I used to have tab browser preferences, and that had dozens of tab tweaks in one extention, but apparently it’s incompatible with the new firefox version.

Hello sandia911,

I have the latest version of Firefox (3.0.2?) and I am having difficult locating a few useful extentions.

Firefox 3.0.3 is out.
I jumped from from version 3.01 to 3.0.3, so I am not familiar with v. 3.0.2.
But I just checked in the new version 3.0.3–and the Tools/Options/Tab menu should do what you want.:slight_smile:
Maybe this was something they fixed in 3.0.2??

I suggest updating to the latest version and checking the Tools/Options again.

hmmmm i had 3.02 installed for a couple of days and then installed 3.03. I didn’t really mess with 3.02 that much, just my normal browsing and nothing abnormal happened to me.

Like member uSerKey mentioned i would install 3.03 as 3.02 was short lived and must have had some problems.

I always download the setup file and then install it instead of letting FF do it for me.