T-Y OEM dvd-r x4

I’m wondering if anyone can tell me if these are the same as Taiyo Yuden?

http://www.jpldisplays.com.au/oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23_25&products_id=222

They seem to be, although you can get better deals on the 8x ones at www.rima.com. 50 packs of the 8x DVD-R TY discs for $30+shipping (about $5 for ground). Those ones are TY for sure. :wink: EDIT Whoops, just noticed that you were in Australia. Anyways, those do seem to be TY discs. Even the logo off to the side indicates they are. $37 AUS isn’t bad for a 50 pack of the 4x DVD-R discs.

Yo-

And better buy them up quickly - don’t think that TY is making them any more-AFAIK

Mike

Thanks for the replies. Saves me with having to experiment with Ritek for now on my LiteOn. Off to buy a pack :slight_smile:

I bought 100 of these a couple of weeks ago. The first 8 burn’t without any problems on my Pioneer 108. The next 15 i tried came up with this error msg.

“Sorry your compilation cannot be copied on this type of media, either change your compilation or put in the correct disc”. It then spits out the disc.

When this first happened i thought the problem was from software, so i upgraded Nero to the latest version 6.3.1.25 and reinstalled DVD Shrink.
After encoding and putting in a TY disc i’ve noticed that the media listed before burning is all +R with no -R listed, so i took another TY disc from the center of the pack and it burnt ok without any error message.

Here is the info on the TY from DVDINFO Pro.

Media Information                            

Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID TYG01
Format Capacity Not Formatted
Book Type DVD-R
Media Type DVD-R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 0.0x 0KBps
Write Strategy Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
2x Speed OPC beta 08
2x Speed OPC power 0F
2x Write Strategy field 1 11 87 78 80
2x Write Strategy field 2 88 80 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta 05
4x Speed OPC power 16
4x Write Strategy field 1 0D 0F 0B 0B
4x Write Strategy field 2 97 08 0F 0B
4x Write Strategy field 3 00 00 00 00
4x Speed OPC beta multi-pulse 05
4x Speed OPC power multi-pulse 1B
4x Write Strategy field 4 13 A8 89 65
4x Write Strategy field 5 B6 89 88 80 00 00
4x Write Strategy field 6 00 00 D0 00 00
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

Why am i getting these errors messages, it’s driving me crazy :frowning: Is it software related? faulty discs? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks! :smiley:

Yeppo :slight_smile:

I’ve bought 300 of them :slight_smile:
Only 100 for me though :wink:

All three spindles ID’d as TYG01 & burnt results incredibly close to real “That’s” branded TYG01’s :slight_smile:

Go for it boy :wink:
The 100 packs work out a tad cheaper though.

Ok, just found that the problem was actually coming from Nero. For some reason at times it switches between the DVD and CD option.
Since it’s not a disc fault i put in another order for more T-Y OEMS while they are cheap. :slight_smile: