T_S to DVD?

vbimport

K I have a Video T_S file with all the files inside it … I burned it to disc With whatever program Vista uses… (Roxio?) and when I put it in the dvd player it shows as a file and then ya open it up and there are all these little .avi files?? then ya have to choose one to start playing… How do I make it into a regular DVD that just starts when ya put it into the player?

http://www.dvdflick.net/ should make it possible to create a DVD compliant structure from those .avi files.

K when I open the file on my HDD it is full of little .VOB .IFO and .BUP files… Will DVD flick work on this system as it doesn’t mention them in the features section of the site ?

If you already have the files in DVD format (VOB; BUP; IFO) you must do something in Roxio to convert them to .avi files and not just burn them as they are.

Don’t know how big your VIDEO_TS folder is, but if it’s small enough to be on a single layer disc, then just burn it with ImgBurn and your player should be able to play them as a regular DVD movie disc.

:eek:

Let’s start again :slight_smile:

If I understood correctly, you have a video DVD stored in a VIDEO_TS folder containing a bunch of IFO, BUP and VOB files, right?

What do you want to do exactly? Burn these vob files on a DVD and watch it on your TV or convert the DVD into avi?

EDIT: :doh: Gummigutta was faster :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry. :sad:

K I wanna make it a dvd to play on my tv’s dvd player like a normal dvd:confused:

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2074023]K I wanna make it a dvd to play on my tv’s dvd player like a normal dvd:confused:[/QUOTE]

You can use DVD Shrink for this :slight_smile:

Open the VIDEO_TS folder with dvd shrink, remove all unwanted contents (like foreign languages for example) and then save again on HDD as ISO file. Finally, use any burning software to burn the ISo file on a DVD.

K will give it a go :slight_smile:

K… now it is driving me nuttier… I got it to ISO and now of course don’t have a program that wants to burn it … Power 2 go says my DVD’s aren’t any good ( BS I just used some the other day, and are good verbatims) and the rest I have here all freeze trying to load it… ANy suggestions? … agin? Will that DVD flick Cynthia mentioned work on this?

www.imgburn.com should be able to write that iso file to a DVD.

DVD Flick is only if you want to convert stuff. You only want to burn so DVD Flick is not needed.

Used Imgburn and put it into the DVD player and POOF!!! it started to play like a REAl DVD …very cool … thanks all for you suggestions …

You’re welcome :bigsmile:

I do not understand why did you go through all this trouble. If you have VIDEO_TS folder with all the files in it, just open ImgBurn, click on icon “Write files/folders to disc”.
New window will open, import your Video_Ts folder in and burn.
No Shrink required unless you want to compress the folder to fit single layer DVD.

I am using single layer so Shrink did help … and was good to learn all this for future reference too…
Cheers all

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2074763][B]I do not understand why [/B]did you go through all this trouble. If you have VIDEO_TS folder with all the files in it, just open ImgBurn, click on icon “Write files/folders to disc”.
New window will open, import your Video_Ts folder in and burn.
[B]No Shrink required unless you want to compress the folder to fit single layer DVD.[/B][/QUOTE]I think you answered your “i do not understand why”

But then again i don’t see the actual size of said VIDEO_TS folder looking back…:doh:

I thought I had mentioned it ( maybe in chat? ) …the size of the T_S folder was around 4.47 GB so it made me a bit nervous about actual usable size of a S/L Verbatim… From what I have seen that is a close # so I took the safe route :wink: