System won't boot

ACER Aspire AOA150 Netbook not booting properly. Caught in a vicious cycle, where the WinXP screen displays on screen, following by a quick view of a blue screen, then back to the boot options. Tried all options - Safe Mode, SM with Networking, SM with CommandPrompt, LKGC, Start Normally - but ends up on the same page. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Use the installation (rescue/restore) discs to restore the operating system.

I attempted the installation disk via USB stick…didn’t work…I did the boot sequence change in setup…no luck!

Did you make the flash drive bootable?

not quite sure how I do that. I just copied my XP to the USB and changed the settings in the BIOS to boot from the USB. I guess that making the USB a bootable drive could improve my chances of getting my system bank in working condition. Looking forward to instructions on how to turn my USB into bootable drive…thanks!

[QUOTE=deavis;2552578]not quite sure how I do that. I just copied my XP to the USB and changed the settings in the BIOS to boot from the USB. I guess that making the USB a bootable drive could improve my chances of getting my system bank in working condition. Looking forward to instructions on how to turn my USB into bootable drive…thanks![/QUOTE]

That won’t work no matter what you do you have to make a custom bootable USB stick to make that work. Otherwise you will have to do as Mr. Belvedere says to fix your problem.

If you only need to do this one time, try this tool: http://www.prime-expert.com/flashboot/

The demo version will limit the time you can use the flash drive for this purpose to 30 days.