System specifications of DeUHD users

This thread is to get an idea of the system specifications of those who are using/testing DeUHD.

Edit: All that is required to actually use DeUHD to copy a UHD to the users HDD is a supported BDXL or UHD reader but this thread is to allow comparing and contrasting of the systems that other people are running hence why it exists.

Titles Support List

My System:

Windows 10 Pro Creators Update (1709) x64
ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme (Z170)
Intel i7 6700K
32 GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200
EVGA GTX 780 Classified¹
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD
LG WH16NS60 UHD drive
PowerDVD 17 Ultra²
JRiver Media Center 23 x64
Plex Media Server

My system does have SGX installed and working as well as the Intel Management Engine (IME). That said, I do hava a few failures as per CyberLink’s Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor:

HEVC-10bit/AVC Codec (GPU): Not Available
HDCP 2.2 (GPU/Display): Not Available
Advanced Protected Audio/Video Path (GPU): Not Available
HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display): Not Available

All other tests pass.

¹ The GTX 780 is problematic but it still does nicely for my normal uses. The crypto-currencies have wreaked havoc with grabbing a new GPU at a nice price at the right time.
² Clearly, PowerDVD 17 won’t playback UHD content due to my system not passing all the tests. JRiver Media Center is used.

My System:

Windows 10 Pro (build 1709)
MSI Carbon Pro (X399)
AMD 1950X Threadripper (OC at 4Ghz) with Enermax 360mm TR cooler
16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 (OC at 3200mhz)
Nvidia GTX 1080 TI FE modified with EVGA closed loop liquid cooling
Intel 280GB 900P Optane
Samsung 250GB 960 EVO
Samsung 1TB 850 Pro
LG WH16NS60
LG WH16NS40 (SVC 50)
LG WH14NS40 (SVC 50)
Asus BW-16D1HT

you have to disable your nvidia gou and install drivers and enable your intel gpu

that is a requirement to play uhd

that said knce you deuhd, use what you want. also:

sgx and intel are not required for deuhd. all you need is a listed drive. i have verified this with a very old pc.

Thanks for the response and the points you made.

• I am running an i7 Skylake and not Kaby Lake. The Intel HD Graphics 530 wouldn’t cut it even if I enabled it. Since I play games, as well, I am most definitely not interested in using integrated Intel graphics even if I were running an i7 Kaby Lake.
  • I am aware that SGX is not required when using DeUHD. I was merely noting that my system running an i7 Skylake CPU with a Z170 motherboard has SGX is functional. The same with IME.

The purpose for the thread is to compare and contrast the systems people are using. Since this is how my system is currently set up I made a note of these things, They might be meaningless but they might be useful to someone else.

my specs:

windows 10 pro 64 bit
asus strix z270i
32 GB GSkill DDR4 3200
Intel 7700K 4.2 Ghz
nVidia GTX 1080Ti
JRiver Media Center 23 (64 bit)
28 TB ubuntu server (Plex, Snapraid, where my backups are)
LG 2016 65" 4K HDR OLED with 3D (this thing rocks!)
LG WH16NS60 UHD drive

I find this thread extremely interesting, the fact that UHD came out with all these prerequisites for playing UHD discs was absurd. That meant that no one with a AMD computer could play them, we see that’s not true, Balthazar2k4 is running a Threadripper, no SGX and it works, I was first under the impression that you needed a UHD drive to play them, but obviously you do not. I happen to have bought one, but it still play Blurays and all my other Bluray drives were not SVC 50 drives. This thread will let a lot of people who are interested in this participate when they thought they couldn’t because of all the restrictions. Thank you DrinkLyeAndDie.

Another point of interest would be the speed of the transfer during decryption. In my experience the speed ranges from 3.3 to 3.78 MB/s. When there is no decryption speeds increase significantly.

My speed has been on average about 3 MB/s. I have had some discs climb to around 3.7 MB/s and Hacksaw Ridge for instance which I am ripping right now is peaking around 2.5 MB/s. Of course it is a 78GB M2TS so the rip time is nearly 10 hours. I did update to Windows 10 build 1709 this morning and am noticing the rip speed is a tad slower for whatever reason.

Titles Support List

Interesting. The decryption process definitely seems to be a bottlenetck on top of the inherent limitations based on disc read speeds.

I performed a clean install of 1703 early last time and things went great but I’m a bit more hesitant with 1709. Big updates tend to cause me headaches. :weary:

From a decryption standpoint the program is asking almost nothing of the CPU. Still not sure what the actual bottleneck is. Even a 1x read by the drive should be around 4.5 MB/s.

noticed that. my speed results are same - high as 4.1 and average about 3

typical rip time is 8 hours for an entire disc

the decryption may be computationally intensive, and poorly written code wont stress the cpu

it’s early. the next release should be in one week if things hold.

I’m also 3.7-4.1MB/s, but I’ve now taken to remuxing with mkvtoolnix directly from the drive, so I don’t get a speed readout.

My system:

Windows 10 Pro x64 (originally Creators Update 1703, as of today Fall Creators Update 1709)
ASUS ROG STRIX Z270E Gaming
Intel Core i7 7700k
32GB G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 3200
LG WH16NS40 SVC50
LG GGW-H20L (the original multi-blue with HD DVD and Blu-ray support)
Various hard drives, SSDs, and NASes used for storage (according to speed and size for use)
PowerDVD 17 Ultra
Plex Media Server

My system does have SGX installed and working, as well as the Intel Management Engine. I have a few failures as per CyberLink’s Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor:

HDCP 2.2 (GPU/Display): Not Available
UHD-BD Optical Disc Drive: Not Available
HDR - High Dynamic Range (GPU/Display): Not Available

BUT, regardless of those deficiencies, when DeUHD is active on a disc, I can play it in PowerDVD 17, including full menus.

—CURRENT SETUP (not UHD BD-capable)—
Intel i5-661 3.33 GHz processor (Clarkdale, dual core, NO SGX)
8 GB DDR3-1333 RAM
MSI motherboard with Intel P55 chipset
LG WH16NS60 UHD drive in a NexStar DX USB 3.0 external enclosure, and connected via a USB 3.0 port
EVGA graphics card (low profile, heat sink only) with Nvidia GT 1030 design, 2 GB RAM, and HDMI 2.0
Samsung 512GB SSD drive
Gigabit Ethernet connection to a Synology NAS that holds the rips
Windows 10 (fully updated)
4K HDTV display w/ HDR10 & Dolby Vision support
PowerDVD 14 (Installed the UHD version over my old version and now can’t play HEVC video)
VLC 3.0 nightly builds (Plays anything I throw at it)
(Optional: Brother BRUHD-PU3 as a backup in case the LG drive can’t read a disc, which has happened)

—IMMINENT SETUP (UHD BD-capable)—
Intel i7-8700 3.2 GHz processor (Coffee Lake, hexacore, SGX)
16 GB DDR4-2400 RAM
ASRock motherboard with Intel Z370 chipset and HDMI 2.0
LG WH16NS60 UHD drive installed internally
Samsung 512GB NVMe SSD drive
Gigabit Ethernet connection to a Synology NAS that holds the rips
Windows 10 (fully updated)
4K HDTV display w/ HDR10 & Dolby Vision support
PowerDVD 17
VLC 3.0 nightly builds
(Optional: Brother BRUHD-PU3 as a backup in case the LG drive can’t read a disc, which has happened)

FYI, when I did a trial rip of “T2 Trainspotting,” it was ~3.5 MB/s once it warmed up. When I bought a license and did a proper rip, the speed actually dropped in half. :frowning: Hopefully tomorrow’s update will fix this.

@ccutrer - Wow, you still have your GGW-H20L too? I still have mine, albeit in a USB enclosure. I doubt I’ll ever put an HD-DVD in it again - I’ve backed up all the HD-DVDs I want to preserve - but it’s nice to have. Rips CDs extra-fast too, although I should probably find a different drive just in case. :slight_smile:

Hi all,
My System:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel I7 Kaby Lake 7700
Mainboard ASrock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming ITX/ac
16 GB Corsair DDR4
Samsung 256 NVMe SSD drive M.2
Drive Pioneer BDR-S11J-BK & LG BH16NS55
4K HDTV SAMSUNG display 55 HDR10
AMD Radeon RX 560
PowerDVD 17
NAS LimeTech
CyberLink’s Ultra HD Blu-ray Advisor: Full compatible

I also have LG GGW-H20L drive, Xbox 360 player HD-DVD.

Daily Use System (1) (~6 years old also what I’m currently ripping UHD’s on)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit
Intel i7 x980
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
24 GB Corsair DDR3
Crucial M4 512 GB SSD (System)
Crucial M4 512 GB SSD (Data)
MSI GeForce GTX 1080
LG UH12LS28 BR Drive
LG WH16NS60 UHD Drive

(1) Being replaced with a AMD TR 1950 / Asus ROG Zenith Extreme and 2-way SLI 1080 Ti’s with hard line liquid cooled CPU/mainboard/GPUs… all of this inside a ridiculously huge Phanteks Enthoo Elite case… seriously huge. build still underway.

Data is ending up on a Plex Server running in a rackmount 2U chassis running SmartOS, dual Xeon E5-2470, 64GB DDR3 ECC and approximately 64 TB of usable storage in a mixture of SAS, SSD and Sata drives spread between the chassis and 2 2U external JBOD chassis connected by SAS 12G. Actual plex service is running inside linux container running under the SmartOS hypervisor. Overkill for the sake of overkill. With the death of Oracle Solaris… I’m thinking of giving up on Solaris forks and replacing this system with FreeBSD or straight up linux… but that’s another project and a lot of work given the number of zones/VMs I’m running.

Ripper System (2)
Windows 10 64bit
Intel i7 6700k
MSI Z170A Gaming M7
Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 NVME 512 GB (System)
Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1TB (Data)
11 Assorted LG and Asus BluRay Drives
Note: My other LG WH16NS60 will probably go in here.

(2) This system is also overkill but I planned on making it a second gaming system once I finished freeing the bulk of my movies from their confining plastic enclosures.

My system running DeUHD should raise some eyebrows…

I am running it on a MacPro 2013 running Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit under Parallels 13 Virtual Desktop. My hardware is as follows:

MacPro Late 2013 with 8-core Intel Xenon E5 and Dual Dual AMD FirePro D500 Graphics Processor
64 GB Internal Ram
1 TB SSD in MacPro
LG WH16NS40 SVC50 (USB connected to MacPro)

Also, when I rip UHD though Parallels Desktop Emulator using the LG drive connected to my MacPro I get ripping speeds of ~8.1 to 10 MB/sec - significantly faster than what other people have reported with straight Windows systems - curious.

Actually, that is not the case. Windows users are seeing 11-14MB/sec since version 1.0.0.5. Interesting setup nonetheless.

Oh - that makes more sense. - I was basing my statement on the earlier posts on this topic.