System restore problem

vbimport

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os. My system restore failed giving error code 0x80070020 , I have run it twice same code on completion. any ideas thanks

[QUOTE=captinbligh;2516446]Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os. My system restore failed giving error code 0x80070020 , I have run it twice same code on completion. any ideas thanks[/QUOTE]

You do know you can search error code on the M$ site as well.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883825

tried that no help

ok, so what is your software setup like on your computer besides the O/S ie like A/V and Firewall? Have you restored before having this problem? A little history might help figure what might be going on. And also how up to date is your updates? I do recall something about M$ problem having problem with their restore program…but you might have to do more searching on M$ site to find about that…Oh yeah forgot to mention I nevered used restore since XP cause it sometimes caused more problems then it helped. So I use a image program like Acronis to make my images now and restore from my images that way.

hi coolcolours, thanks for the reply didnot mean to sound ungratefull for the advice it should have read “no help there i have looked on ms sites” thanks.I have managed to sort the restore problem (safe mode restore opp)Iwill look at Image restore for future ref thanks C/B.

nah, I didn’t take it as otherwise it was just that knowing how your previous restore success or failure will help to narrow down what might be the cause of the problem. I had used restores points in previous O/S of M$ and created more problems then it helped. So that was why I started looking for a independent imaging program so that I could turn off the restore portion of windows to save space and do a more reliable imaging of my HDD. Acronis is the only version that I tried so far that you can created its’ own running program from the cd that will create HDD image to any kinda of storage medium as long as it fits on it. I used to have ghost image but that created to many images for a single HDD as compared to a single image for Acronis. Only limiting factor was Ghost saved on fat32 format size and Acronis worked better on NTFS formatted drives and saved for single size file. That is how I recall it…