System hanging, how do I upgrade, cant select anythning

vbimport

My Philips DVDR3590H/97 had a disc door problem. Service center sorted out door problem but then it started to auto shut down every 2 hours. Tried to record and then it started to hang. Cant select any menu, so I cant use the system. How do I sort out the hang problem, so that I can upgrade the software? The service guys don’t seem to have a clue!!

Help. My system is hanging badly. How do it get it to work again? It worked like a dream till this happened.

2 posts merged, one post deleted.
please do not post the same question more than once. :cop:

Thanks,
Michael

[QUOTE=mthomas90;2537640]My Philips DVDR3590H/97 had a disc door problem. Service center sorted out door problem but then it started to auto shut down every 2 hours. Tried to record and then it started to hang. Cant select any menu, so I cant use the system. How do I sort out the hang problem, so that I can upgrade the software? The service guys don’t seem to have a clue!!

Help. My system is hanging badly. How do it get it to work again? It worked like a dream till this happened.[/QUOTE]
Hope I can get some answers soon. Please.

Please help!!! MY Philips DVDR3590/97 is hanging. It had a disc tray not opening problem, which the service center sorted out. When I started to use it again, it auto shut down every 2 hours. Tried to record and it started to hang. Now it hangs so bad , I cant select any menu at all. How do I sort out the hang problem so I can upgrade the software? This system worked like a dream till this happened. The service guys dont have a clue. What do I do? Please help!!!