Symantec PC anywhere

Greetings Everyone.
Question? Is there another program like Pc anywhere by symantec? I use this program many years ago on a windows dos pc. Or is this the only one of its kind. My Daughter lives in South Carolina, and I want to connect to her PC remotely. Or is windows xp able to do this. Even better some thing free.

Thanks in advance
Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

XP remote desktop is free and it’s built into xp so you don’t have to download any other software. Just google it to see how to set it up.

If you want to try something a bit different take a look here:

https://secure.logmein.com/home.asp?lang=en

Just a note: I believe the host computer (your computer) has to have xp professional installed or at least terminal service software installed for remote desktop to work. If you don’t have xp pro check out this comparison chart of VNC software. Anything with gpl is free software.

Hi,

A very nice tool, free for personal use, is Teamviewer. Advantage: good manual and easy to use for unexperienced users. No installation needed.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2150241]Hi,

A very nice tool, free for personal use, is Teamviewer. Advantage: good manual and easy to use for unexperienced users. No installation needed.

Michael[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mciahel. I think this will work for me. I just gave it a test run on my PC’s. I will give it a try on my Daughter PC who is located in South Carolina later on today. And let you know how it worked out. :slight_smile: :clap: :clap:

Peace
Mr. Bill :bow: :bow: :bow:

[QUOTE=mciahel;2150241]Hi,

Michael[/QUOTE]

Hey Michael, That TeamViewer dose exactly what I wanted it to do. Perfect.

Thanks again :clap:
Mr.Bill :iagree:

Glad to have helped you :slight_smile:

cheers,
Michael