Sylvania DVC-845E DVD/VCR Combo

vbimport

I LOVE this unit! It doesn’t appear to play VCD or SVCD, however, as a DVD Player it is awesome and the VCR appears to have a very solid tracking device on it as well. I’ve taken burns I’ve known were bad because even my XBox had trouble playing them or my Zenith stand-alone and they played perfectly on the Sylvania. For instance, I had one movie backed up that would go to the movie after skipping the preview in the very beginning and when you clicked to play the movie it would kick back out to the DVD screen on my Zenith Allegro ABV341. Put that in on my Sylvania and it played through without any issues!

All I can say is - WOW! The remote takes a little getting used to but it’s nicely laid out with seperate buttons for the chapter and fast forward and rewind buttons. It does 2x, 8x, 50x, and 100x speeds. I can’t really say enough about this unit after having it for a day. If you need a good DVD Player and want the VCR as well yet get the Sylvania! I’m not sure what the normal price is on it anymore but at the $75.99 I bought it at from Best Buy it is more than worth the money. :slight_smile:

Just a small edit I’ve tried various medias on this unit as well from DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW (Burned on a GoVideo DVD-Recorder) and it has played ALL discs flawlessly. I have not noticed a skip or stutter to be found from the cheapest media to Ritek’s. I’m so pleased with it I really just can’t say enough about it.

I’d just like to say once again that this player is AWESOME. I had episodic television series disc from Netflix and none of the computer dvd-roms available to me were able to read past a certain point. That point was in the 3rd episode on the disc. The Sylvania stuttered a little bit on the beginning of the show but it did recover and about 30 seconds in was playing it perfectly. The other stand-alone DVD Players I have (one being a GoVideo DVD-Recorder) either took a long time to get past that bad part (10-15 minutes into the show before it cleared up and stopped skipping/stuttering/pixelation) or the disc crashed the unit altogether. I don’t know what for DVD Player Sylvania has in this unit but it certainly is just simply amazing! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: