Switching from AnyDVD_HD/ClownBD

vbimport

I have been using ClownBD with AnyDVD HD in the backround to select exactly what I want from my Blu ray back ups. My AnyDVD has expired and I’m not willing to dump $140 in to it at this time. I’m curious if DVDfab does the same thing as AnyDVD does. It doesn’t seem like it runs in the backround and scans the disk so using ClownBD is useless. One thing I did notice is that the “movie only” selection is still about 36gigs+. If I use DvD shrink won’t I lose picture and sound quality?

Let me know what my options are. I am backing up my copy of “Watchmen” right now to test out DVDfab even though I’m not too sure about the size.

I load all my back ups on external hard drives.

Thanks for your help!

Hi chronicj7

Have you tried making any adjustments to the compression [B]([/B]write size[B])[/B] setting in common settings-> “Write” ? there was an improvement done in the last beta release (v6112) :cool:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2450543]I have been using ClownBD with AnyDVD HD in the backround to select exactly what I want from my Blu ray back ups. My AnyDVD has expired and I’m not willing to dump $140 in to it at this time. I’m curious if DVDfab does the same thing as AnyDVD does. It doesn’t seem like it Thanks for your help![/QUOTE]

Not exactly. DVDFab still doen’t support BD+ and is far behind AnyDVD HD regarding new protections.

I think that DVDFab is great for DVD, but for Blu-ray it still has a lot of work to do.

[QUOTE=Dâniel Fraga;2450681]Not exactly. [B]DVDFab still doen’t support BD+ and is far behind AnyDVD HD regarding new protections.[/B]

I think that DVDFab is great for DVD, but for Blu-ray it still has a lot of work to do.[/QUOTE]
I think DVD Fab will support BD+ very soon, I really do not know any more than you do, but Fengtao usually delivers and he said it would be soon. I for one will wait a little while.:wink:

Well I backed up my copy of “Watchmen” last night with DVDfab and it worked great. Only thing I can think of that I wish was better was the size.

Any way of shrinking it without losing quality? I couldn’t seem to find anything that says compress in DVDfab.

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2450885]Well I backed up my copy of “Watchmen” last night with DVDfab and it worked great. Only thing I can think of that I wish was better was the size.

Any way of shrinking it without losing quality? I couldn’t seem to find anything that says compress in DVDfab.[/QUOTE]

Hi chronicj7

Go into common settings and under “DVD/BluRay” click on Write on the far right you can adjust the setting for [B]“Writable Media(BD-25) size”[/B] or [B]“Writable Media(BD-50) size”[/B]

[B]SJ[/B]

I don’t see anything that says “Writable Media” This is what I see under the “DVD / Blu-ray -> Write” :confused:

Make sure you have v6115 beta installed
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-1-1-5-beta-out-october-15-2009-a-302612/

Ahh I got the beta! Now, do you have any recommended settings to change the writable media to? Again, will this be dropping quality?

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2451308]Ahh I got the beta! Now, do you have any recommended settings to change the writable media to? Again, will this be dropping quality?[/QUOTE]

Hi chronicj7

I’m glad you now have access to the settins :wink:
as far as any recommendations I have been told that 23500 was a good setting for BD-25 BUT you should go with your own findings, what looks good to someone else may not look good to another :slight_smile:
and BTW…welcome to the darkside :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]

I’ve been doing some research on the bd-25 and bd-50 and it just doesn’t seem like it will be quite “blu-ray” if I do anything other than bd-50 and leave it like that. Any compression just drops quality.

I wish I had two more hands so I could give DVDfab 4 thumbs up.

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2452333]I’ve been doing some research on the bd-25 and bd-50 and it just doesn’t seem like it will be quite “blu-ray” if I do anything other than bd-50 and leave it like that. Any compression just drops quality.

[B]I wish I had two more hands so I could give DVDfab 4 thumbs up[/B].[/QUOTE]

Hi chronicj7

Well with your statement in bold I take it you are happy with the results of DVDFab :smiley:
now bare in mind DVDFab is just getting started in the field of Blu-ray, and issues with compression will improve in time :wink:

Welcome to the darkside :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2452348]Hi chronicj7

Well with your statement in bold I take it you are happy with the results of DVDFab :smiley:
now bare in mind DVDFab is just getting started in the field of Blu-ray, and issues with compression will improve in time :wink:

Welcome to the darkside :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Patience is a virtue and I’m proud to say it’s something I have. I can only see DVDfab getting better and better. Just as long as they keep it under $130 unlike AnyDVD :eek:.

I’ve already backed up 9 of my blu-rays and haven’t ran in to one problem. The sound is on time and nothing skips nor do I get any pixelation/grainy scenes.

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2452721]Patience is a virtue and I’m proud to say it’s something I have. I can only see DVDfab getting better and better. Just as long as they keep it under $130 unlike AnyDVD :eek:.

I’ve already backed up 9 of my blu-rays and haven’t ran in to one problem. The sound is on time and nothing skips nor do I get any pixelation/grainy scenes.[/QUOTE]

If your still using the 30 day trial I would suggest you go with the lifetime registration :wink:
may I ask what brand and model your Blu-ray drive/burner is ?.

[B]SJ[/B]

I am really not sure what the make or model of my burner/drive is. It came with my Dell and I am being lazy in not going to the attic to grab the box! =(

I ran in to my first problem with ripping a movie. Role Models wouldn’t work and just kept saying DVDfab had encountered and error while trying to rip. Guess it couldn’t do it…shucks.

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2457054]I am really not sure what the make or model of my burner/drive is. It came with my Dell and I am being lazy in not going to the attic to grab the box! =(

I ran in to my first problem with ripping a movie. Role Models wouldn’t work and just kept saying DVDfab had encountered and error while trying to rip. Guess it couldn’t do it…shucks.[/QUOTE]

Hi chronicj7

You can go into device manager to find info on your drive/burner :smiley:

This movie title is from 2008 so DVDFab should be able to handle it, try going into common settings-> “PathPlayer” and set it as (Disabled) also while your in common settings go to “General” and click on the (Reset DMA) to insure your drive has not reverted to PIO mode, and try again and let us know how things go.

[B]SJ[/B]

Well I tried what you said but could not find the Pathplayer to set it to disabled. I did reset DMA. Also when I am playing my ripped movies I am getting a line across the screen that usually starts in the middle and flickers its way down to the bottom and then its gone for a minute or so and will come back in random spots until it reaches the bottom.

“HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N ATA Device” is my DVD/CD-ROM Drive

Do you guys need to know the disk drives as well?

[QUOTE=chronicj7;2461120]Well I tried what you said but could not find the Pathplayer to set it to disabled. I did reset DMA. Also when I am playing my ripped movies I am getting a line across the screen that usually starts in the middle and flickers its way down to the bottom and then its gone for a minute or so and will come back in random spots until it reaches the bottom.

“HL-DT-ST DVDRWBD CA10N ATA Device” is my DVD/CD-ROM Drive

Do you guys need to know the disk drives as well?[/QUOTE]

Hi chronicj7

When you go into common settings Pathplayer is located on the left side, this line you are talking about is it happening when you play the disc in your computer or a standard DVD player ? also is it with every disc ?

It’s just happening with my ripped movies. I am backing up my blu-rays on to a terabyte external hard drive. Once I run them after backing them up I see the line. Found Pathplayer and am going to try and rip “I love you man” today. I will keep you posted on how it goes/looks.

Looks like I got the same error after trying “I love you man”

Here is an img of what its giving me once I start ripping.