Switch from instantcopy 8

Hello everyone, I have a customer who purchased instantcopy 8 about one 1 week ago. When trying to copy a homemade dvd they get an error which mentions vobsrc.ax. The DVD writer in question is a USB enclosure with a sony dvd-r/w drive. This vobsrc.ax error has been reported by many users and not just with instantcopy 8. It also appears Winxp SP2 created some new issues alone the lines of execution protection. So really my question is, would the clonedvd trial edition be worth a try? Is it possible that the same error would appear? Thanks for your time.

Josh

Is this a Sony unit or a case with a Sony drive? USB drives can be very tempremental. My favorite burning software is Nero. The trial version is the full version for the first 30 days.

I always recommend the use of internal IDE cable. CloneDVD/AnyDVD combo @ Slysoft.com is fully functional for 21 days. You have nothing to lose.

Ok first I will try a trial version of clonedvd, if that fails I will put the drive right in the tower itself with an ide cable. Its just a generic usb case with a sony drive. Instead of going on-site I will contact the person there and give them instructions on how to install and use clonedvd. I will try that first and go from there. I also may try anyDVD for personal use :). I like the sound of that program.

“Access violation at adress 00000000. Read of address 00000000.”
Antwoord
This error occurs on Windows XP systems with service pack 2 (SP2) installed.

To solve this problem, which is caused by the skin component, please follow the steps below:

1. click on “Start”
  2. “run…”
  3. enter “regedit”
  4. browse to “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VOB\CDRAPP\Paths” 5. rightclick on “SkinFile” in the right window
  5. select “rename” and change the name of the SkinFile entry

I tried that fix, I also tried the execution protection problem as well. I even tried disabling the skins to see if that would work. I even tried decreasing the speed on copying/burning. Today I ask my boss if I can help the customer install clonedvd over the phone. I will let you guys know what the outcome is. Thank you for all the help.