Swedish JAS-39 Griffin wins ower F-18 Hornet and French Rafale in Brazil contest

This post can in some extent be regarded as political… :rolleyes:

My sons friend father “Fredrik” flying Gripen you are watching noticed me on this one.

Note JAS-39 Griffin just needs 500-600y ordinary asphalt road for start and landing. BTW, it’s not a VTOL plane. :smiley:

BTW2, the alarm sounds you hear in video are “Xg” and those are classified, sorry.

Very nice little plane. Why do you consider it controversial or political?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2713963]Very nice little plane. Why do you consider it controversial or political?[/QUOTE] Perhaps because of speculations that the competing U.S. fighter was not chosen due to U.S. three-letter-agencies spying on Brazil government?

Why olyteddy?

I think arms deals are always politicaly sensetive. Especially when done by little countries like Sweden or Israel. Two democratic countries, smarter then the rest of the World, but then US is still the superpower when it comes to the arms. Think NSA has s##t in the house in Brazil though.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2713966]Perhaps because of speculations that the competing U.S. fighter was not chosen due to U.S. three-letter-agencies spying on Brazil government?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=pinto2;2713967]Why olyteddy?

I think arms deals are always politicaly sensetive. Especially when done by little countries like Sweden or Israel. Two democratic countries, smarter then the rest of the World, but then US is still the superpower when it comes to the arms. Think NSA has s##t in the house in Brazil though.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh…Good old fashioned Free Enterprise! :doh:

[I]olyteddy[/I], the fist batch of 36 planes will be built in Sweden. Period. :wink:

What your link is aiming at is the rest of 100+ planes that “might” be built in Brazil in future.

And sorry to say, Eurofighter as for today was`nt even evited to the compeition… :slight_smile:
IMO, the Israeli F-16 is still the best conventional made airplane of today, expect Gripen JAS-39…

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2713963]Very nice little plane. Why do you consider it controversial or political?[/QUOTE]

Things like this can be extremely political in South Korea. It was a contest mainly between Eurofighter Typhoon and Lockheed Martin F-35. F-35 won in the end, but half of the nation supported Eurofighter. Not because it’s good, but only because it’s not made in the US, the country Kim Jung Un’s North Korean dictator family tries to make you believe is the source of all evil things of the universe.