Svp Uk

vbimport

Homepage http://www.svp.co.uk

Requested by Celina

Been using SVP since a friend told me about them, just prior to my joining CDF.

Never had a problem, deliveries always on time and in great condition, and they’ve even responded to email queries on a Sunday :eek:

Quite possibly the best place to buy media online in the UK.
SVP are fast and are the only site i’ve seen (UK) that always quotes the MID as well as the media brand.

Had only one dealing with these.
Bought Plextor branded TY 16x rated media (both +/-).
Some tubs/discs were damaged on arrival.
They sent as replacement discs some Ritek rubbish.
Now I find there is nothing in the product line that I can’t get from elsewhere for less.
Regardless of whether media or hardware.
I know I will be a solitary figure here. :eek:

I’ve dealt a lot with SVP over the last five years, and only had problems on a couple of occasions (and that was when they had a heavy demand after promoting discounts for ‘Google checkout’). On those occasions, stuff arrived damaged but was taken back straight away by courier exchange with a replacement.

They’re still one of a small number of online retailers who list (and guarantee) the MID of the discs they sell.

As well as the MID being displayed, which I forgot…there’s the excellent customer service :iagree:

I’ve bought from SVP a few times in the past 4 years and each time it’s been fine. In fact, whenever I had a query or something out of the ordinary they’ve been great at resolving it.

SVP has not offered shipping to mainland Europe for three weeks now, allegedly because of disagreement with their courier over shipping price increases (announcement). :frowning:

I ordered about £75 of goods 9:00am on the Thursday and when checking the tracking information on the following Tuesday morning found that it still had not been packed although it was approved on the Thursday afternoon.
I sent them an email asking if I should order the goods from somewhere else and they arrived the following day. This is not the service I used to get from them in the past! I hope this was just a slight oversight on this occasion, if it is not then I shall take my business elsewhere. I have also noticed that the stock I usually prefer is no longer available. Perhaps they are having some trouble in this downturn or is it the new management?:frowning:

svp used to be awesome. however since the takeover they have been far from the great company they once were.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2232056]SVP has not offered shipping to mainland Europe for three weeks now, allegedly because of disagreement with their courier over shipping price increases (announcement). :([/QUOTE] According to this thread at another forum, European shipping will not resume in a “foreseeable future” as stated by an SVP representative.

So far I haven’t had any issues with any orders I made with SVP, so can’t comment on their customer service. The only e-mail I sent was asking if they ship to Ireland following the EU shipping restriction and they replied later that day confirming that they still ship to Ireland. As a few mentioned above, they are one of the few that list their disc’s MIDs, which is very useful when looking for media made by specific manufacturers, such as Taiyo Yuden. :slight_smile:

I do find that they don’t use as much cushioning as other suppliers, which pretty much explains why some end up with damaged goods. On the other hand, I do know some other suppliers that go extreme, e.g. VikingDirect Ireland which has sent us a couple of stationary products (sticky notes, pens, A4 paper, etc.) in a package a little larger than a typical desktop PC!

For speed, they are pretty quick from what I recall, taking 2 to 3 days for a product to arrive after the date of ordering. Most UK based companies that deliver to Ireland take 4 to 5 days for the product to arrive.

[QUOTE=Seán;2276067]
I do find that they don’t use as much cushioning as other suppliers, which pretty much explains why some end up with damaged goods…[/QUOTE]

Hehehe, so you don’t get yards and yards of bubble wrap like I do with my SVP orders, then? :bigsmile:

Just an update to say that SVP no longer ships to Ireland. I tried placing a small order and got an error saying that they do not deliver to my selected country (Ireland). :frowning:

I’m not sure what other countries they delivered to with the restrictions in place, but the delivery options are now limited to United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle Of Man and Jersey.

[QUOTE=Seán;2308153]Just an update to say that SVP no longer ships to Ireland. I tried placing a small order and got an error saying that they do not deliver to my selected country (Ireland). :frowning:

I’m not sure what other countries they delivered to with the restrictions in place, but the delivery options are now limited to United Kingdom, Guernsey, Isle Of Man and Jersey.[/QUOTE]

Yes, this really sucks. I live in Germany and in the past, SVP has been a good option for TY media.

Hi all, i to have in the past dealt on numerous occasions with SVP for goods for delivery to ireland, what i cannot understand is their reason for the halt to deliveries to the places in question, surely any business would at least offer the service at the cost available to them from any courier service and let the customer decide if its above what they are willing to pay, bizarrely its the management of SVP who obviously have alienated past customers by making the choice for them.

I say provide the service at the available costs and let the customer decide what is to expensive (or not).

just my opinion, but it seems logical to me.
Maybe a few e-mails to them with this in mind might change the situation.

ghostsurfer :cool:

It seems to me that SVP management has made a business decision that they don’t want to ship outside UK, and that the courier explanation is just an easy excuse.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2308885]It seems to me that SVP management has made a business decision that they don’t want to ship outside UK, and that the courier explanation is just an easy excuse.[/QUOTE]
Why on earth would they do that?
Doesn’t seem to me to make good business sense.
anyway I voted well for them in this poll as I have been using them for years…way before the takeover and, although there were definitely teething problems around that time, all in all they sorted it out.
I am always amazed at the dedicated customer service I get with any problem.
There have been problems of course…media I got that just would not burn, some discs sent had a different media code than advertised, both times they sent a courier out with replacements and even told me to keep the other stuff as it wasn’t worth their cost of picking it up.
As it turned out I burned all the discs with the wrong media code and it turned out pretty well for me that time :slight_smile:
In general they are consistently a great place to buy from.

I haven’t really found cheaper prices elsewhere though - maybe I am missing something here…?

I use to buy Loads of stuff from SVP. But since the postage went up to nearly £8 it’s cheeper to buy in lockal store. Postage sucks. Who the heck wants to pay £8 postage on an item that costs £12. + VAT. They lost my buying because of that.

I know SVP moved but did they change owners as well as they don’t seem to be the same as they was before they moved. Not sure with regards to their service but they seem to be turning more and more in to every other shop. They used to get new and different types of media but now they seem to just stock the same as every body else.

Also before they moved I emailed(this was sometime back) asking where the current stock of Verb DLs were made and they told me, this time when I asked they said they couldn’t due to stock varying in the warehouse. Decided to get my DLs from Digitalpromo as they actual checked and told me where their current stock was from.