SVP going under?

vbimport

Havent bought much media of late and what I have has been overpriced from B&M stores.

Now that my stocks are getting low I decided to check out my usual online supplier http://svp.co.uk and was shocked at the state of it.

It seems they’ve gone from a good knowlegeble supplier of all grades of media (plus a few off the wall items) to a supplier of any old crap plus the promotion of totally unrelated products such as pet food?!?!. Add the fact that 2/3 of the items (especially the CD/DVD media) is out of stock makes it look to me they are struggling.

Hopefully I’m wrong and all the missing stock is down to someone else further up the supply chain having problems.

Any other European (if postage is cheap to UK) or UK supplier of media (hopefully that show mediacodes) I should check out while SVP get their act together?

That is scary. There is another site in the UK that did something similar and has a wonderful reputation (aka bigpockets). Wonder if bigpockets bought out SVP. :eek:

SVP has been brought out by E-net, the distributor of Datasafe/datawrite/rivision/bulkpaq and has now moved its warehouse and distribution to the Edinburgh warehouse, where E-nets other companys trade from, BIGPOCKETS, UKDVDR and BIGMAGGOT.

[QUOTE=jubjubbird;2121544]SVP has been brought out by E-net, the distributor of Datasafe/datawrite/rivision/bulkpaq and has now moved its warehouse and distribution to the Edinburgh warehouse, where E-nets other companys trade from, BIGPOCKETS, UKDVDR and BIGMAGGOT.[/QUOTE]

Really? Thats too bad :sad: , although SVP has always sold all different grades of media, most people that frequent this forum know the E-net brands to be the cheap and nasty :Z (sometimes VERY nasty) quality brands. Guess they are “restructuring” the company and website and SVP is going to end up yet another boxshifter selling mainly E-net cheap cr*p to the undicriminating and gullible.

Leaves a bitter taste in my mouth to know such cowboys will be trading on SVPs former good name.

Ah well! Time to move on I guess, to find a new UK/Euro supplier not in some distributor’s pocket and knows how to seperate the shit from the shiney!

Try ukdvdr. New web site and a very large distribution centre in Edinburgh.
Have used them over the years and never had any problems.