Survey: Nearly one-third of Netflix subscribers may cancel memberships

vbimport

Survey: Nearly one-third of Netflix subscribers may cancel memberships.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2011/09/QDgs2D.jpg[/newsimage]Following the announcement that the cost for Netflix's vaunted DVD and instant streaming plan would jump 60 percent in September, several researchers measured the doom and gloom of a disgruntled subscriber base. And that was before Netflix itself revealed it might lose more than one million members this fall. A recent survey from Magid Associates provides a glimpse into why the company may not be too far off - and who their money will go to instead.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/survey-nearly-one-third-of-netflix-subscribers-may-cancel-memberships-52063/](http://www.myce.com/news/survey-nearly-one-third-of-netflix-subscribers-may-cancel-memberships-52063/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I’m out of there. Amazon has a lot of the CBS stuff now and Flash plays a lot better than Silverlight on my Revo.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2604811]I’m out of there. Amazon has a lot of the CBS stuff now and Flash plays a lot better than Silverlight on my Revo.[/QUOTE]

Only good as the internet your connected to and if they don’t go offline. DVD/BD are still and will be for lots of users to come streaming is what I call another option. Not everything is on streaming as with any new products your limited to what they will provide or what they think is best not what users always wants or needs. At least with DVD/BD I can choose when and how to watch it and from what media devices of which some is standalone and there comes the catch. No internet connections or slow or congested bandwidth will delay or bog the access to viewing. As with anything streaming is only as good as the source and if the line breaks or slows between then the endusers will the see the results. Also if i decide to change the movie format for personal use I can do that but not with the streaming they control all contents. And with the coporations nowdays people always talk about taking their own control…well this is just something that is ironic in my view point…

NetFlix HD streams fine on my i7 2600, it has plenty enough CPU & GPU to handle it. My Revo, however, only has an ION and a 2 core Atom. Flash (AVC?) accelerates fine in the 8 CUDA ION but SilverLight, with its Windows Media payload, doesn’t support acceleration and therefore stutters.

Yeah I’m pretty much done with Netflix…Getting tired of seeing the Very long wait’ thingy for latest flicks…And with the economy in the state it’s in, wtfreak r they thinkin!..They’re gonna loose many many subscribers…
JM2cents worth…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2604972]Yeah I’m pretty much done with Netflix…Getting tired of seeing the Very long wait’ thingy for latest flicks…And with the economy in the state it’s in, wtfreak r they thinkin!..They’re gonna loose many many subscribers…
JM2cents worth…[/QUOTE]

Well they will loose some and gain new users…that just how markets are you loose some and you gain some. Hopefully they don’t jack the prices up for current subscribers as what usually happens when something like this happens. And there are those that will go only streaming and those that will choose just DVD. As I tell people DVD aren’t going out anytime soon or will ever just like DVD was to replace cd and cd are still around?? What gives and even more…tapes and the LP they are still hanging around and still going so for anyone to say a physical media technology is dead hasn’t really done much homework. You might not see it but looking and searching you will find it still exist and is being used. One has to remember not everyone has or can afford internet at their home. So that is why streaming will never really replace media but will only compliment the physical media as another form of entertainment resource.