Survey: Less than 50% of consumers want an iPad

vbimport

Survey: Less than 50% of consumers want an iPad.

[newsimage]http://static.myce.com/images_posts/2010/02/orLhkT.jpg[/newsimage]A new survey released by Retrevo reveals less than half of consumers polled are interested in purchasing an Apple iPad tablet after its release next month.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/survey-less-than-50-of-consumers-want-an-ipad-25828/](http://www.myce.com/news/survey-less-than-50-of-consumers-want-an-ipad-25828/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

That number will grow once the Notion Ink Adam comes out. Better battery life, plays Flash, 1080p playback, …

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Notion_Inks_Adam_Makes_the_iPad_Look_Obsolete/551-109231-615.html

People are finally realizing that Jobs is peddling nothing more than overpriced iCrap.

On a different topic, what the hell are Karma Points? Are they like Air Miles? Can I redeem them for awesome prizes or trips to Cuba?

We covered the Notion Ink Adam here: http://www.myce.com/news/another-slick-tegra-android-tablet-appears-23859/ :wink:

Missed that. Thanks, BF.

What are you going to spend your 3,690 Karma Points on?

Hey the Duke is back! Where have you been man!
Why, so you can get what BF gets times three? :wink:

Been out of work. Thank you American banking system !!!
Back up and running again, though. Yes, if BF redeems his KP for a toaster oven, I will most likely get three of them. If Al-Qaeda detonates a nuke nearby, I don’t want to be in nuclear winter with just one lousy toaster oven.

[QUOTE=DukeNukem;2492886]Missed that. Thanks, BF.

What are you going to spend your 3,690 Karma Points on?[/QUOTE]

Hopefully they bring me good luck? :stuck_out_tongue:

What will you spend your 10,080+ karma points on?

I’m not at all interested… If they made $10 i would buy it. I learned of apples devise ways already. If you are already a apple user its not as big of a deal to make it all apple.

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2492897]I’m not at all interested… If they made $10 i would buy it. I learned of apples devise ways already. If you are already a apple user its not as big of a deal to make it all apple.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, I didn’t understand a word of that. LOL.

At any rate, and I want to be clear on this, I’m not anti-Apple. It’s just that they overcharge for their sub-standard products. Audio quality is not as good as one would expect from a big company like Apple. Just a few bucks more for better audio chips and better ear buds would go a long way to changing my mind.

I hate the company… Nothing good has come from them IMO…

If apple the company died today i think it would only benefit the world. I don’t think theres one place i can think of that would suffer from this other then apple fan boys. Company is overpriced and sells locked hardware/software.

And an oversized iPod Touch is bad because ? I know SO many people that are too stupid to even own a Mac. This device is perfect for SO many…

I am by no means an Apple fan but I can clearly see the iPad has ENORMOUS potential, as a premiere personal computing & entertainment device as well as special purpose computing for several industries.

I don’t think it will take long for people to realize the iPad is far ahead of the copiers. I can’t see any of the copycats out doing the design and suite of available software. You may not like them but no one has been more innovative in the last decade.

Nothing good has come from Apple ? Now that is a pathetic joke. They have only revolutionized the computing, mobile computing, consumer electroncs and music industries. Apple innovates and everyone else copies. And I’m not even an Apple fan…

[QUOTE=glamdring92;2492959]If apple the company died today i think it would only benefit the world. I don’t think theres one place i can think of that would suffer from this other then apple fan boys.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I have to admit that your hatred for Apple almost rivals my own for Sony. That being said, I have to say you’re dead wrong. If Apple dies then so does the competition. Without competition, we’re screwed. When Intel was the only game in town we were geting burned with crazy CPU prices. When AMD was making crappy GPUs (3800 series), Nvidia was charging $600 for their video cards.

[QUOTE=ivid;2492975]I am by no means an Apple fan but I can clearly see the iPad has ENORMOUS potential … They have only revolutionized the computing, mobile computing, consumer electroncs and music industries. Apple innovates and everyone else copies. And I’m not even an Apple fan…[/QUOTE]

Are you SURE you’re not an Apple fan? C’mon, ivid. We know you get Steve Jobs’ slippers and tuck him in at night. Okay, I must be doing too much video conversion lately. I keep seeing your name as “xvid”. LOL.

In all seriousness, I agree with you. I think this thing has huge potential. However, v2.0 of the iPad had better have better battery life and support Flash or it’s limiting itself. Maybe 1080p isn’t such a big deal to most. 720p looks good enough to me, but when your competitor’s product does 1080p and yours doesn’t, then you have a problem. Know what I mean, Verne?

I would not call them copy cats… In many cases apple products had nothing to do with the spawn of ideas. Personally i don’t see much of a use for the ipad. When other tablets can run a normal OS buy the ipad runs some gay Iphone/Ipod OS why would that be better at all?

You think if apple dies theres no competition? No competition for who? Windows maybe but when it comes to all there other products there are several other companies making these products so if they left there would still be competition. In fact there would be more room for other companies to grow.

I hate the company so much because they are raping all there customers. Look at such things as special audio formats. I know several friends that wanted to try a new Mp3 player but bought another over-priced Ipod because of all there music.

If you like the OS thats fine by me but when a company is raping all its customers over and over again i get pissed.