Supermediastore.com Taiyo Yuden 8x -r offer

Can anyone make head or tail out of this offer?

First it states that it’s

“Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle”

Then the description reads:

These Taiyo Yuden 4.7GB General Purpose DVD-R are for data and video and come on 50 disc spindle!

Above the item is the following:

“free ground shipping” with an arrow (>) pointing to Taiyo Yuden 8X DVD-R Media Silver Thermal Lacquer 100 Pack in Cake Box Spindle,
yet when you try to check out, the shipping for ground is about $8.

The price is $29.99 before shipping and after a $7 MIR.

Is Supermediastore.com always this confusing with its ads?

it is two 50 packs.

Yo-

Can certainly see where the site would confuse - but a lot of vendors - Rima included will ship two 50 cakeboxes instead of one 100 cakebox - for what ever reason - I dunno - maybe it is more versitile to have the 50’s in stock rather than the 100’s (?)

The free shipping thingie is for the epson inkjet stuff - but you are right the little arrow sure points to the Taiyo Yuden-

Bottom line - at $30 plus SuperMediaStores high $8 shipping fee - is still four bucks under Rima with their $37 and $5 shipping - the only place it would start hurting is if you were to buy 200 or more-

Mike

I’d DEFINATELY pay that little bit extra adn buy from Rima, but that’s just me. :slight_smile:

JD

Yo JD-

Good point - especially since it is a mail in rebate - and 200 or more - Rima would be actually cheaper-

Mike

I am actually using all my store bought media up and I am not going buy anymore. I will only buy from Rima unbranded. Ty 8x +. Yudens. I heard they are going to release the Yuden000-T03-000 16x+ soon, so I won’t be buying a large amount of 8x until I see what these 16x + Yuden are like.

With the price of gas today, it doesn’t pay to buy anything except groceries at the store. If the internet retailers can continue to offer free shipping or negotiate discounts with freight carriers, I can’t see why anyone would start their car and burn through 1 to 2 gallons to go to a mall.

Just heard on the news to expect gasoline prices to hit the FOUR FREAKING DOLLAR ($4.00!!) / gallon mark!!! WT … F!! So, yes … I concur with WiltonParmenter’s comments.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be stocking up on 8X TY +R. When they are gone we’ll all be sorry.

I have seen a lot of confusing ads with them. Sometimes the rebate has expired according to the PDF even when they advertise it that day. I just always found that Sav On Supplies works well. They seem to advertise the real prices all the time and you can actually speak to someone! What a concept. Haha. :slight_smile:

It’s a moot point now though as rima.com is cheaper than them after factoring in shipping costs. No rebates to juggle either. :wink: www.rima.com EDIT Yup, rima is cheaper than that site and rima has an outstanding reputation.

And what prices! Those are some of the most expensive I’ve seen. No wonder they offer free shipping!