Superbit DVD

vbimport

I am using the latest DVDFab version 5.0.6 and it works on all titles I back up except for one: The Fifth Element in Superbit. The disc keeps spinning while DVDFab tries to read (i.e. analyzes) the content with no result whatsoever.

Is the structure of a Superbit DVD different from the tradional ones thus making DVDFab inoperable?

Try disabling pathplayer, superbit is just a higher bit rate than some disks nothing special.

not know anything about superbit before this thread i went to find out.

The Superbitâ„¢ titles utilize a high bit rate digital transfer process which optimizes video quality while offering a choice of both DTS and 5.1 Dolby Digital audio. Superbitâ„¢ DVDs are encoded at about double their normal bit rate while maintaining full compatibility with the DVD-Video format. The result is picture quality that provides outstanding detail and is the closest to the original master available on DVD to date. Superbitâ„¢ DVDs play on current players and needs no additional DVD equipment.

http://www.sonypictures.com/cthe/superbit/what_is_superbit.html

I disabled PathPlayer and it was able to read the disc albeit at a painfully slow rate (under 3MB/s) then it stopped after about 4% complete then asked to have PathPlayer enabled. I restarted with PathPlayer and the disc spinned endlessly and was not even opened.

I gave up figuring the copyright protection on this disc was too tough for DVDFab to crack :frowning:

Oh well …

[QUOTE=delerue;2096603]I disabled PathPlayer and it was able to read the disc albeit at a painfully slow rate (under 3MB/s) then it stopped after about 4% complete then asked to have PathPlayer enabled. I restarted with PathPlayer and the disc spinned endlessly and was not even opened.

I gave up figuring the copyright protection on this disc was too tough for DVDFab to crack :frowning:

Oh well …[/QUOTE]
I think it is more likely a bad disk.