I'm having a problem with MaxVeloSSD. My startup speed is awful and I know something is wrong with my cache config or the software.
The computer is brand new, built specifically as a testbed for benchmarking the differences between HDD, SSD, HDD+Intel caching, and HDD+MaxVeloSSD caching.
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G41 PC MATE
CPU: Intel Core i3-4160, 3.60 GHz dual-core
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600
OS: Windows 7 Professional w/Service Pack 1, 64-bit
HDD: 1TB Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 7200RPM
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (latest firmware, brand new)
Intel SRT Setup:
Motherboard set to RAID mode, Legacy+EUFI (otherwise SRT doesn't work). Cache set up for maximum size of 64GB and set to "maximum" mode for read-caching AND write-back caching.
Motherboard set to AHCI mode, EUFI. Cache set up for maximum size of 32GB with max 1GB of RAM cache. MaxVeloSSD version 18.104.22.168, trial version.
I'm using BootRacer software to monitor boot times, and these are the results I'm getting:
HDD: about 21 seconds to fully-ready
SSD: about 11-12 seconds
HDD+Intel cache: about 14 seconds
HDD+MaxVeloSSD cache: I've tested 3 times and got scores of 153 seconds, 209 seconds, and 139 seconds.
(see attached pic)
The computer takes longer during the Windows boot animation, then I get a black screen with only a mouse cursor for a LONG time. Once the desktop is reached, everything is fine. Benchmarks so far show a nice speed increase.
Other things I've noticed with MaxVeloSSD:
1. The software shortcut is in the Windows Start Menu "startup" folder, yet it never starts or runs in the system tray. I have to open it manually before it does so.
2. The status in MaxVeloSSD tool continues to show "Available cache resources: 99 Percent" even after several reboots.
(I have a very detailed set of benchmark results and comparisons coming after I'm done - been working on this review project for most of the last week! Benchmarking takes a lot of time!)