Sumultaneous burning of DVD-R to Plasmon 708a

Went out and bought 2 plasmon 708a drives, and Nero 6. Now it says supports simultaneous burning on the drives, and with my 3 other boxes running nero5.5 that is true. Those other boxes are CD burners, or 2 Pioneer A06 drives. However on this new setup when it burns it toggles between the two drives and takes twice as long to burn the DVDs as the one running 5.5 and the pioneer A06 drives. The media is the same(Verbatim DVD-R 2x media), the only difference is the version of nero and the drives themselves.

Anyone know how to get it to burn to both simultaneously? I sent a support request into Nero a week ago, but have yet to hear from them at all.

Thanks

I have Nero 6.3.1.6 and one CD-RW and NEC DVDRW as my siganture reveals. I have burned simultaneously with no problems. Though i was burning cd disks to both. How do you do the multiple burning? You should make two New tasks from the main Nero window, Choose File/New two times each for a different drive.

OEM copies of Nero 6 tend only to support writing to one drive at once. Retail copies support simultaneous writing to four drives.

If the copy of Nero 6 is one that was bundled with a drive, that’s almost certainly the issue.

David

I’m using the version you buy from their web site.

and as for how, when you create a new DVD and click burn after adding your files there is a checkbox to select multiple burners. After clicking it, and choosing burn you can select which recorders you want to record to.

Then try my way, that is prepare your dvd iso collection, save it as a file, press burn button, when it starts burning, go to file/load the collection you save, choose another recorder and burn again. It will do it simultaneously, though you may get buffer underrun errors, if your harddisks arent fast enough to provide data to both recorders.

That’s the whole point of the checkbox though, so you don’t have to setup 2 jobs and burn them simultaneously. The point is that that checkbox is supposed to cause both to burn at the same time and not have to do anything screwy.

Considering I have to burn a huge number of DVDs and support 300+ users it’s not really worth my time to go through the hassle of saving images, setting up multiple sessions, etc. I was just wondering if anyone knew why it would not burn simultaneously to both, and toggled back and forth when you tried.

Well , if you want to burn different compilations then you are forced to set two jobs, however in your case you are right. Maybe you should take in mind the reply of DavidW. Try another serial number for your Nero(If you can find one :wink: ) to have full functionality.

Something else. Maybe Nero 6 doesnt support simultaneous burning as you want it. Why dont you install the Nero version that works with the other machines? If it doesnt recognize your drives, then … you will have to wait for an update of Nero 6.

I ll check on my machin with Nero 6.3.1.6 ultra and tell you if i have the same problem.

I did a simulation, check the multiple recorder option and it writes simultaneously. Which nero version do you have?

PS I used CDs since i dont have a second DVD recorder.

Ktigre

To burn multiple copies at the same time, click the multiple check box as you have & then when you get the choose recorder window left click & drag the cursor over the recorders you want to use. When they are highlighted blue click ok & off you go.

You may have already sorted it out by now :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=sherman1;686455]Ktigre

To burn multiple copies at the same time, click the multiple check box as you have & then when you get the choose recorder window left click & drag the cursor over the recorders you want to use. When they are highlighted blue click ok & off you go.

You may have already sorted it out by now :)[/QUOTE]

I just used Nero 9 to burn 4 DVD’s at the same time to different DVD burner types and interfaces:

D: = EIDE Internal DVD Burner (also acted as source)
E: = SATA Internal DVD Burner
F: = SATA Internal DVD Burner
G: = USB 2.0 External DVD Burner

It took exactly 10 minutes from start to finish to burn 4 copies of a DVD. This works just as good as the DVD duplicators I’ve used. It’s not one touch like they are but will suffice for my needs and didn’t cost me $1,100.

Good luck!