Suggestions to the new vBulletin 3.5.0

I guess the modification to the new vBulletin 3.5.0 is now underway before the upgrade here. I would like to suggest some features.

1. The new feature should be able to handle images uploaded to different posts. This is to display full image inline in a post that is not the original post the image was uploaded to in order to reuse the image without having to re-upload or to use sites like www.imageshack.us. vBulletin 3.5.0 doesn’t support it yet. First they said it would load the server. But someone has modified the code for this in a way that referring to image in other post doesn’t load the server. Then vBulletin said they might do that in a future version. Please read this.

2. [1 2 3 4 5 6 … Last Page] vs [1 2 3 … 28 29 30 Last Page]. I think it would be more useful to use [1 2 3 … 28 29 30 Last Page] instead of [1 2 3 4 5 6 … Last Page]. Please read this. Not sure if they got the message but it doesn’t seem to have been implemented yet. Note that I am talking about links to pages of threads on the forum page (thread-display page) of each forums.

3. Themes and VLINK. Web design these days has ignored the purpose of VLINK. It was created in the early days to make it easy to distinguish between links that have already been visited and those that have not. vBulletin themes make me blind and I have to browse with HTML colors disabled in my Firefox. An example of good theme colors which doesn’t ignore VLINK is the one at MozillaZine forums. Would be nice to have a theme like that here.

4. ALT/TITLE for images set as image name. I’ve already suggested this here. Would be useful to have it implemented. Even better to allow users to add comments but that might be too much so just image name should be fine and should be easy to do.

Cheers.