Suggestions: Good Free DVD Player Program

vbimport

I had PowerDVD 6 which came with my old comp. Just got a new Vista comp from DELL and PowerDVD 6 no longer works because apparently it can only be used on my old Dell system…CD doesn’t load onto new system.:a

Tried PowerDVD8 but on trial version…don’t want to pay for it.

So what I need is a DVD player similar to PowerDVD 6 or 8…in that it can play Movies ripped from and stored on my hard drive.

Can anyone suggest a some free software that can do what PowerDVD 6 or 8 does?

Thanks in advance.

VLC Media Player

AVS DVD Player is free and works on Vista, also.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2167435]VLC Media Player[/QUOTE]

Tried it. However, it doesn’t play the movie on my hard drive like it would from a DVD.

What I mean is, you can’t select a scene from the main menu and go directly to it. All you can do is skip along the movie.

With PowerDVD, it plays a movie on your hard drive exactly like it would if you were watching it from a DVD…ie go directly to the main menu where you can select which scenes to skip to.

Other than that I like it. It’s not bad. Is there another program that does what I just described? Thanks.

[QUOTE=cbboy777;2167486]Tried it. However, it doesn’t play the movie on my hard drive like it would from a DVD.

What I mean is, you can’t select a scene from the main menu and go directly to it. All you can do is skip along the movie.

With PowerDVD, it plays a movie on your hard drive exactly like it would if you were watching it from a DVD…ie go directly to the main menu where you can select which scenes to skip to.

Other than that I like it. It’s not bad. Is there another program that does what I just described? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

LOL please ignore…i figured it out!!! Good stuff. Thanks.

BTW i think im gonna use KMplayer also.

Got my curiosity how did you figure it out???

Got my curiosity how did you figure it out???

Probably right click -> Menu -> Main menu -> click on chapter icon…Or Right Click -> Navigate -> Chapter #…