Suggestions for my config settings

Ok, I am looking to get the best possible picture and sound… what settings should I use? As always thanks for you assistance!

O I forgot some things… I’m using DVD Plat, and I am doing a Generic rip.

Well a few more details will help…

It really depends on what your target client is.

I use the following parametres and they give me good results for my PC’s and also for a variety of Network Media Players in my house (Zensonic, Ziova & D-Link). They are purported to work OK on the PS3 but I cannot confirm that as I do not have one.

I use the generic.avi.xvid. audiocopy profile with bitrate set at 1100, 2 Pass encoding, 720 x 400 resolution for PAL DVD widescreen source. A 90 minute flik will end up around 1.5Gb.

Please note that you will need to install FFDShow/AC3 Filter on your PC idf you do not have a native DD5.1 card installed and there have been some reports of Vista giving some trouble with 5.1 sound.

Hope this helps. Regard this as a starting point and work from there.

[quote=GregiBoy;2009729]Well a few more details will help…

It really depends on what your target client is.

I use the following parametres and they give me good results for my PC’s and also for a variety of Network Media Players in my house (Zensonic, Ziova & D-Link). They are purported to work OK on the PS3 but I cannot confirm that as I do not have one.

I use the generic.avi.xvid. audiocopy profile with bitrate set at 1100, 2 Pass encoding, 720 x 400 resolution for PAL DVD widescreen source. A 90 minute flik will end up around 1.5Gb.

Please note that you will need to install FFDShow/AC3 Filter on your PC idf you do not have a native DD5.1 card installed and there have been some reports of Vista giving some trouble with 5.1 sound.

Hope this helps. Regard this as a starting point and work from there.[/quote]

I’m using Vista Ultimate with a DD 5.1 card, I am going to be running the movies through Media Center

Well, it can’t hurt to give it a go then, can it?