Suggestion to author of CloneDVD!

vbimport

We all know the legal issues of charging for software that decrypts DVDs, but, how about adding the option for plug ins ? Like a plug-in manager (recently used in Dr Divx for instance), which then allows people to offer decrypting plugins ? This gets you out of the hot water of selling DeCSS software and makes the punters happy because they can use it within one application ? Lightning UK could then, if he wished, make a plug in for it, so it goes direct from his software to transcoding on the fly.

Obviously that isn’t the only use for a plugin option, how about PDI to disc plug in, and so on. You don’t even have to write the plugins, as other people would. So it not only saves you time, but also gives you a unique selling point and constant “add-ons”.

Just an idea :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Jon Read

Just an idea :slight_smile:

Good idea! :slight_smile:

Sounds great…
It had a couple kinks (for the way I want to title), but I liked the linkage to Copy2Dvd from D2O.
A true ‘plug-in’ ability would make a lot of things viable for CloneDVD. Like some on-the-fly features, and unattended operations (if the latter, I’d like to pre-title–I always enter an 8-character tile, starting like the movie’s, for easier recognition when inseted into auto-reading mega-changers with cumbersome GUI’s for title-entry…).