Suggestion for LiteOn forum

vbimport

Hi

As you know , new LiteOn burners burn exceptionally well and we already had Benq 1640 Hall Of Fame thread and Samsung 203B HOF too (Although I think LiteOn is far better all around burner)

Why don’t we have a LiteOn HOF thread ? They are excellent burners (when they work:bigsmile:)

I could have made the rules myself but I am so strict about numbers that I’d have suggested ( <10 total PIFs , <10.000 PIEs , <9% jitter and a minimum 16X burning speed ) :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a very nice scan of newly burnt Panasonic TYG03 burnt @18X with 20A4P and just didn’t want to post it in the thread dedicated for this particular burner’s scans

What do you say ?

:iagree:

I would suggest: Quality score of 98% in CD Speed.

[QUOTE=Dalen Quaice;2004496]I would suggest: Quality score of 98% in CD Speed.[/QUOTE]

Very hard with LiteOn 1ECC scanning , but excellent idea :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2004476]Hi

As you know , new LiteOn burners burn exceptionally well and we already had Benq 1640 Hall Of Fame thread and Samsung 203B HOF too (Although I think LiteOn is far better all around burner)

Why don’t we have a LiteOn HOF thread ? They are excellent burners (when they work:bigsmile:)

I could have made the rules myself but I am so strict about numbers that I’d have suggested ( <10 total PIFs , <10.000 PIEs , <9% jitter and a minimum 16X burning speed ) :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a very nice scan of newly burnt Panasonic TYG03 burnt @18X with 20A4P and just didn’t want to post it in the thread dedicated for this particular burner’s scans

What do you say ?

:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Agreed :iagree: Let’s show the others that Lite-On could burn nicely or even better than the old BenQ or Sammy :wink:

Ok , here are the rules : (Open for suggestions)

Requirements

• Minimum burn speed; 12x
  • Minimum data burned; 4400MB
  • Maximum PI Error value; 20, total PIE max. 20.000
  • Maximum PI Failures value; 2 for Samsung/Lite-On drives, 6 for BenQ’s
    total 200 PIF for LiteOn and 500 PIF for Benq
    *Maximum jitter is <10%
  • Standard scanning speed; 4x for LiteOn and 8x for Benq
  • Submit Transfer Rate Test when available

Taken from Samsung’s HOF by [B]Pinto2[/B] with some modifications :flower:

When the rules are settled , I’ll make the HOF thread :slight_smile:

[quote=minaelromany;2004748]Ok , here are the rules : (Open for suggestions)

Requirements

• Maximum PI Error value; 20, total PIE max. 20.000
  • Maximum PI Failures value; 2 for Samsung/Lite-On drives, 6 for BenQ’s
    total 200 PIF for LiteOn and 500 PIF for Benq
    *Maximum jitter is <10%
  • Standard scanning speed; 4x for LiteOn and 8x for Benq
  • Submit Transfer Rate Test when available[/quote]I like this idea! Several current Lite-On models are clearly top performers. My LH-20A1S is hands down the best DVD burner I’ve ever owned. :slight_smile:

But you may want to consider making standards a little tighter. As they are now, most of the 20A1S burns I’ve done on good quality media would qualify. :iagree:

Little tighter ?!

Like :

• Minimum burn speed; 16x
  • Maximum PI Error value; [B]10[/B], total PIE max. 20.000 (or even 10.000)
  • Maximum PI Failures value; [B]1[/B] for Samsung/Lite-On drives, [B]4[/B] for BenQ’s
    total [B]100[/B] PIF for LiteOn and [B]200[/B] PIF for Benq

?

I qualify too :stuck_out_tongue:

Although I’ve contributed in the past HOF posts, but please consider the consequences if people don’t get the nice results when comparing at the requirements. They could end up using the stack of Princo or AML as a basis, which could lead up to returning the drive because it may be considered defective.

I think personally it’s a great idea once rules are ironed out.

BenQ forum has one, Sammy forum has one…why not LiteOn? :slight_smile:

[quote=minaelromany;2004828]Little tighter ?!

Like :

• Minimum burn speed; 16x
  • Maximum PI Error value; [B]10[/B], total PIE max. 20.000 (or even 10.000)
  • Maximum PI Failures value; [B]1[/B] for Samsung/Lite-On drives, [B]4[/B] for BenQ’s
    total [B]100[/B] PIF for LiteOn and [B]200[/B] PIF for Benq[/quote]Or maybe keep 12x since that still seems to be a better burn speed for archives. Also, max PIF at 1 may be a little tough (I’ve never scanned a 20A1S burn without at least a couple of 2s and haven’t seen many in the Lite-On scan threads). But 100 or 150 total for PIF seems reasonable. PIE at 10 max and 15,000 total might be about right.

It would be great to see a lot of people jumping in to post at the start of the thread with maybe fewer posts as the standards level gets raised by better scans.

But I’m anxious to hear what others think as well. :flower:

[quote=KTL;2004859]Although I’ve contributed in the past HOF posts, but please consider the consequences if people don’t get the nice results when comparing at the requirements. They could end up using the stack of Princo or AML as a basis, which could lead up to returning the drive because it may be considered defective.[/quote]I think maybe people would realize posted scans aren’t average, only some of the best. Most of our day-to-day scans probably wouldn’t even be anything we would want to post in a HOF thread.

Before returning a drive, somebody would hopefully look in the threads for their particular model to see results others are getting with the same burner. :slight_smile:

That would be great if that person has spent the time looking at the scan threads for the particular model. But how often does that person actually search the threads for answers? It’s much easier to start a new thread and repeat the topics that have been beaten to death.

I’m not arguing against having a LO HOF thread since I would probably participate myself. I just hope people don’t return a non-defective drive based on one (or many) crappy media.

One thing people should realize with new quality burners :

Media variation (inconsistency) among same MID affects scans far more than burners themselves . For example , I’ve tried excellent MIDs from certain batches with the same great results from ALL of my burners (with certain burners slightly better) , but if one so-so batch burnt not-that-good , I would blame the batch not the burner .

Having a HOF LO thread simply tells people that with the [B]right batch [/B]of certain MID , certain LiteOn burner and at certain speed , the combination would be amazing :slight_smile:

Now as an update :

• Maximum PI Error value; 10, total PIE max. 20.000
  • Maximum PI Failures value; 2 for Samsung/Lite-On drives, 4 for BenQ’s
    total 150 PIF for LiteOn and 300 PIF for Benq

So ?

The SL requirements look pretty good. Any thoughts on DL?

[quote=minaelromany;2005049]Now as an update :

• Maximum PI Error value; 10, total PIE max. 20.000
  • Maximum PI Failures value; 2 for Samsung/Lite-On drives, 4 for BenQ’s
    total 150 PIF for LiteOn and 300 PIF for Benq

So ?[/quote]Looks great to me! :flower:

[QUOTE=larc919;2005068]Looks great to me! :flower:[/QUOTE]

Done :flower: