Suggestion for CloneCD AWS

vbimport

Some writers can write old SD2 weak sectors but not SD2.51.021. Could the AWS option be improved so that it amplifies only those weak sectors that the writer can't normally write?

It already has been improved… Plextor writers for instance should now be able to make a better back-up with CloneCD version 4 and AWS enabled than in CloneCD version 3. It doesn’t work this way with every writer though but it has been improved.

Yes, if you burn a SD2.51 with the Plextor with AWS enabled you will still have the same weak sectors on the copy as on the orginal

If you would use AWS on the “old” CloneCD 3.x.x.x there would not be any weaksectors left.

So with CloneCD 4 there is no diffirence between a liton copy or a Plextor copy.

So improvment there is :slight_smile:

Yes!! Olli has done very good work!
The amplified sectors are exactly the same, indeed!
But the copy is defenately “worse” readable.

I have tried this with my PlexWriter PX-W1210S.

The copy does work even on the Toshiba SD-M1401!
But on UltraPlex I have to turn off FSS if I want exact results.
The Toshiba reads it always exact, no matter if FSS is on or off!!

But the greatest improvement on AWS has been done somethere between 4b9 and 4b30, I think (not 3.x).

Hmmm…
How can you people do a working copy w/o using Hide CDR Media?
Didnt SafeDisc 2.5 have a ATIP check :confused:

Just play it from an CD-ROM or DVD-ROM and ATIP won’t be an problem.

Originally posted by softwareguy
Hmmm…
How can you people do a working copy w/o using Hide CDR Media?
Didnt SafeDisc 2.5 have a ATIP check :confused:

It’s a working copy, the ATIP is a function of the CD-R not the data on the CD-R. ATIP check was introduced in SD 2.4

By the way, would it be possible to damage the ATIP somehow at least in theory? If the ATIP is stored in similar area of the disc as where the data is written (normal dye at ATIP location?) could it be possible to damage it with CD-writers laser?

Hey FuturePoof, can you plesae explain that a little bit more?
I am kind of confused. What do you mean by fuction or data?
And do you mean only SD2.4 have it? :confused: :confused:

ATIP is information on an cd-r disc. It tells thing about the disc, for example how much data can be put on the disc. There is no ATIP on normal cds. ATIP is needed ONLY when writing cd-r and that’s why only cd-writers can read it. Some protections like SD v>2.4 try to check ATIP. If it finds ATIP, the game wont play. Because CD-ROMs can’t check ATIP the copy runs fine with them.

> By the way, would it be possible to damage the > ATIP somehow at least in theory? If the ATIP is
> stored in similar area of the disc as where the
> data is written (normal dye at ATIP location?)
> could it be possible to damage it with CD-writers
> laser?

see http://borg.cdfreaks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=39568