Suggestion for Blank DVD R(W) Tests subforum

vbimport

I notice that the DVD tests subforum is organised in much the same way as the CD tests forum, with the only extra caveat being that each manufacturer’s -R, -RW, -R DL, +R, +RW and +R DL are each given a thread of their own instead of CDs which are just divided by R and RW.

But with CDs it’s a lot simpler - one manufacturer, one media code - and there tends not to be a massive difference between models under the same manufacturer as there is with manufacturers of DVD - for example Ritek, presumably there’s a massive difference between the infamous Ritek G05s and other media codes in Riteks -R line.
Just as some people here see nuanced differences betweeen 8x and 16x Taiyo Yudens (in the TY DVD+R forum I still see some YUDEN000 T01s being posted) different quality in some kinds of Verbatim etc.

I therefore propose that the DVD tests include media code as a thread dividing factor, e.g. one thread for TYG02 (which might be called “Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD-R, TYG02,” another for TYG03 etc. Simply because we do sometimes see differences between manufacturer/model differences in DVDs that aren’t always such a big issue with CDs.

Thougts?

Good suggestion, although the “smaller” threads might be left with single posts as well as stem a few hundred “child” threads on the testing subforum.

It will, however, greatly aid in comparisons and such, as you have already pointed out. I’d like to see this happen if it won’t result in a huge mess. :wink:

I have been just looking at some new RW media, as some of mine are 3+ years old and still getting used 2~3 times a week.

This is also an area that it seems (from my use) that Verbatim is not the top of the pack :eek: and I have had very good results with RICOHJPNW21 in the 6~8x speeds, I have a large amount of Verbatim 4x and there I have yet to have any other makes/MID come near, and some very bad results.

i find it fairly easy to navigate to the thread of choice then search the thread for the mid or burner i want to see.

if this all gets split then the number of threads will increase drastically and someone will have to take the time to split them.

huge mess [sounds weird]

[QUOTE=troy512;2142915]huge mess [sounds weird][/QUOTE]

Sounds dirty doesn’t it? :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=troy512;2142915]if this all gets split then the number of threads will increase drastically and someone will have to take the time to split them.[/QUOTE]

We do share the same opinion on the current state of things though. :slight_smile: :flower: