Suggesting a Poll for 2009

2009 DVD Copy Software

1. DVDfab
  2. AnyDVD w/ CloneDVD2
  3. 1Click DVD Copy Pro
  4. DVD neXt COPY

I would like to see the results of this poll.

Could someone change the title to 2009 DVD Copy Software, instead of Suggesting a Poll for 2009. It wont let me edit. Thank you!

There should also be an ‘other’ option to cover the ones you haven’t thought of.

Plenty of people are still using RipIt4Me for example.

[B]Wombler[/B]

dvdfab

though i do have lifetime keys for anydvd and clonedvd

I usually don’t add programs that have stopped developing. RipIt4Me, Development stopped April 1 2007. It may still work with copy protections, but there are better programs out there, like what I posted :slight_smile:

The point was you still need an ‘other’ option to cover stuff you haven’t thought of.

I’m not trying to pick holes or anything like that but what about DVD43 for example?

Plenty of people use this as a freeware alternative to the DVD component of AnyDVD.

Do any of the programs you have listed run on Mac OS? :slight_smile:

You’re cutting out a whole section of the community there just by not having an ‘other’ option.

I suppose it depends on what question you’re trying to answer.

At the moment you’re effectively asking ‘What proportion of [U]only[/U] the people that use these four programs use which?’.

Even then it’s flawed as AnyDVD can be used with any software of your choice (DVD Rebuilder and DVD2One are very popular alternatives).

By the way I don’t really mind one way or the other I’m just trying to be helpful.

I can’t see how you’ll know how many people you have excluded otherwise which kind of devalues the results.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well if this person just wants these 4 on his poll then so be it. It’s their poll after all, not yours.

Wombler is right. I use AnyDVD HD but have [B]never[/B] seen a need for CloneDVD. Your options list is flawed. I therefore choose not to vote.

On the very rare occasions I use a transcoder, I’ll use DVDShrink. Most of the time I use DVDRebuilder and either HCenc or Procoder as the encoding engine.

[QUOTE=Bob;2300791]Well if this person just wants these 4 on his poll then so be it. It’s their poll after all, not yours.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that absolutely. :iagree:

Hopefully it doesn’t preclude me from making helpful suggestions though. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2300796]Wombler is right. I use AnyDVD HD but have [B]never[/B] seen a need for CloneDVD. Your options list is flawed. I therefore choose not to vote.

On the very rare occasions I use a transcoder, I’ll use DVDShrink. Most of the time I use DVDRebuilder and either HCenc or Procoder as the encoding engine.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I also think people tend to confuse the separate processes of ripping, post processing and transcoding/re-encoding because some combined packages do all three (you could also include burning in there as well I suppose).

There are several very capable ripping programs, several great DVD structure editing tools (some of which offer superb capabilities), numerous very capable transcoders and various very capable re-encoders.

Any of the stages can be carried out independently with the software of your choice which I think people sometimes disregard.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It wont let me edit my post, so if a Mod could add another option to the poll and name it “Other”. Maybe that will help. Thanks!

I put CloneDVD w/ AnyDVD because those two ride together. If you just use AnyDVD you can still vote for it Kerry :wink:

DVD neXt COPY Ultimate or DVD Rebuilder Pro. For personal backups as mentioned by Kerry56 I too agree and never use a transcoder for my backups.

To cut it short they all work good, just depends on each different user, when one doesn’t work then the other one works on two of the programs I use