Successfully created Unreal Tournament 2003 virtual image using Alcohol 120%

Using Alcohol 120% v1.3.3 (build 1027), I successfully created a virtual image of Unreal Tournament 2003.

I used a Lite-On LXR-24101A external USB 2.0 burner to read the CD. I selected the ‘Securom *NEW (V4.x)’ ‘Datatype’, and left the ‘Read Speed’ at ‘Maximum’.

It took about 12 minutes to do the ‘Data Position Measurement’ analysis, and another 3 minutes to copy the CD to my hard disk.

I had to do two non-default things to get the game to work after making the virtual copy on my hard disk:

1. Mount the virtual image onto the virtual drive.

2. Under ‘File… Options… Emulation…’ Check ‘Sub-Channel Data Fixed & Emulation’.

3. Dismount all DAEMON-Tools virtual images.

It takes about 15 extra seconds for the SecuRom pointer icon to go away, but the game starts up, and plays great!

g

did u try to burn the imahe on cd to see if the game will run or not? thnkz very interested in outcome like all of us??thnkz.

I’m at a loss. I’ve been messing with the latest version of Alcohol all evening. Every time I copy UT2003 the DPM process and image creation is successful. However when I go to mount the image in Alcohol, it won’t run. It tries to authenticate but drops back to windows every time. The next thing I tried was a shot in the dark. Daemon tools now loads mds files, so I thought, if the DPM process was truely successful, maybe Daemon tools could load and successfully run a Alcohol generated mds file. I tried it and it worked. Can anyone explain why the mds file will work with Daemon tools but not with Alcohol? This is too confusing.

I have made a copy of Hitman 2, however, unlike your UT2003, mine loads about 50% of the time. The other half the disc icon sits there for about 15 seconds and then vanishes…nothing.

Originally posted by gexx
did u try to burn the imahe on cd to see if the game will run or not? thnkz very interested in outcome like all of us??thnkz.

No, I did not try to burn a cd, cuz the Alcohol notes state the SecuRom 4.x must be emulated, and the image must be mounted in a virtual drive. At least, for this version of Alcohol.

g