Successful burn, but no data, still blank disc!

vbimport

Hi all just joined, having a few probs burning dvds…

I have been using copy2dvd a while now, successful burns up untill now, still says successful burn but no data on my discs, they are the same disks I have used to burn previous, on same spindle, but suddenly no data going on my disc after a successful write, im at a loss.

I dont have simulation burn, cant find that setting on copy2dvd anyway, checked the settings just to make sure i hadnt set it.

im on windows vista, my dvd writer is a TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N ATA Device whatever that is lol…

going crazy here trying to figure whats wrong…thanks in advance for any info!

Hello, welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Please mention the discs you are using (exact brand an model). The sad truth is that some makes can have mixed discs (different quality, or even different manufacturer!) in the same spindle. So let’s rule out the media first.

Hi and thank you.

The discs are hp invent dvd +r

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:CMC MAG-M01-000]

Disc & Book Type : [DVD+R] - [DVD+R]
Manufacturer Name : [CMC Magnetics Corp.]
Manufacturer ID : [CMC MAG]
Media Type ID : [M01]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4.70 GB (4.38 GiB)]
Recording Speeds : [1x-2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x , 6x-16x]

[ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]

also I have some rw office depot new spindle and only manage to burn one of those, now I get the same thing with them too, says succesful burn but no data there.

Have you tried burning with another burning app?
If you don’t have one, you can use the free CDBurnerXP.

Then let us know how it’s going:
If another app gets the job done, the burner is not guilty and the fix is probably easy (reinstall copy2dvd, change its settings…)
If it fails with the new app, something’s wrong either with the burner, or the PC config, or the source data. EDIT BTW, please mention WHAT you are trying to burn exactly. :slight_smile:

I have tried other apps, and windows own writer, where it hangs on formatting the disc, ive tried data dvd, and dvd vob files etc.

not tried to burn a cd disc as i have none at hand atm.

ok I tried the software you suggested and burns through but hangs at the end on writing out, told me couldnt read destination files from disc when i ejected it and said some couldnt be written.

Perhaps try better media, as it’s the only thing you haven’t changed.

CMC MAG M01 isn’t the best media, so maybe try something else. The HP 16x DVD-Rs are very good (CMC MAG. AM3), or maybe Sony or Verbatim.

You don’t mention what speed you’re burning at, but dropping the speed to 8x may help. :slight_smile:

@Arachne: ;)[QUOTE=Agent88;2083319]also I have some rw office depot new spindle and only manage to burn one of those, now I get the same thing with them too, says succesful burn but no data there.[/QUOTE]Media was my first idea as well. :slight_smile:

@Agent88, my last question: are the discs unreadable in other drives as well?

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2083488]@Arachne: ;)Media was my first idea as well. :)[/QUOTE]

Ah, I missed that, tucked away beneath the DVDIdentifier output :wink:

[QUOTE=Francksoy;2083488]@Arachne: ;)Media was my first idea as well. :slight_smile:

@Agent88, my last question: are the discs unreadable in other drives as well?[/QUOTE]

Not tested them in another drive, I dont have one, but when I re load them into my drive to test it, it opens up auto play for writing software, and the disc is showing up blank in my computer, even though the softwares I have used go through the burn process.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2083502]Ah, I missed that, tucked away beneath the DVDIdentifier output ;)[/QUOTE]I saw it almost entirely by chance… :wink:

You don’t have a set-top DVD player to try the video discs?
Anyway from all the elements till now, personally I’d say the drive is faulty and should be replaced. Can’t be 100% sure, of course, but it really sounds like it. :frowning:

Oh yeah i have a dvd player, its saying no disc when I put them in, cant believe it can go faulty that quick, only had the laptop since feb, hope not :sad:,

I will have to try backup my data some how and do a system format see if that helps…

Thanks all for the help :slight_smile: