Succesfulley make a 1/1 of the frozen throne

vbimport

hi i’m new on this forum.i don’t know if it’s an easy thing to do ( i don’t think so )but i’ve make a 1/1 backup copy of the frozen throne.if someone want know more about it just ask.I’ve used blindwrite 4.2.5.
2x READ
2x to make the bwa

Have you used a Plextor Premium?
The only way to make a 1:1 real copy of Securom 4.8 is with a Plextor Premium and BW 4.5.3!

You can make a 1:1 copy of securom new 4.8x with most newer liteon writers and various other ones. The Blindwrite team just tweaked the program specially for the Plextor in order to get the closest copy possible. But, I have a liteon 52327s and even though its copies of securom new 4.8x aren’t as close to the original as with the plextor, the copy still works great and takes only a second or two to be recognized.

SilverFox, what burner do you have?(brand and model #)

You can make a 1:1 copy of securom new 4.8x with most newer liteon writers and various other ones. The Blindwrite team just tweaked the program specially for the Plextor in order to get the closest copy possible. But, I have a liteon 52327s and even though its copies of securom new 4.8x aren’t as close to the original as with the plextor, the copy still works great and takes only a second or two to be recognized.

Hm. IT IS NOT A REAL 1:1 copy then, it is then the TwinPeak method and such copies then don’T work in every drive.
In some they work then, in others completely not and in some others the game starts after 10minutes then.

Maybe it is also a different copy and not TwinPeak but TwinPeak should be included again in new BlindWrite, so I think for Lite-Ons TwinPeak method is used. But also if not it is still no completely 1:1 copy then and then I think it depends on the used drive to read for playing - how good it is.

What is the difference btw. Plextor Premium and Lite-On with TwinPeak. For Plextor TwinPeak isn’t used, someone told me that you are able to modify the length of the pits and this is exaclty what the new Securom new is about.

No, it is not a real 1:1 copy and the twinpeak method isn’t very compatible as you said. By 1:1 I meant that it wouldn’t require emulation(sorry about the confusion). Different drives read twinpeaked cds differently.(I just made twinpeaked a verb…) If you don’t have a Plextor Premium, which is insanely overpriced, twinpeak is the only other way to make unemulated copies. The twinpeak method works good enough for me when written and read in my liteon. BTW, for the price of one Plextor Premium you can buy two 52327S Liteons.

a little confusing, but I have made a back up (several of the play disks as a matter of fact) of gtavc with my memorex 482348 flashed to a liteon 522452 and these installed on my other(my kids 800 mhz p-3) system, w\ sony cdrom and old yamaha 16x cdrw and run without emuilation as well as on the mother machine just fine so while 1:1 is not a technical reality, for the purpose of allowing the kids to have a disk to use and not worry about abuse and soda spills it is close enough for me

@lagger:

why not?
I mean especially plextor and toshiba had problems with TwinPeak-ed CDs and I think some others too. But my drives (the plextor for example) is even older then yours in th other system.

@Tezmar:
Btw. I think 115€ for the Plextor Premium(Retail Version) isn’t that much. Think on what it can: GigaRec, SecuRec, … .
And then Safedisc v2 Version he could also burn all without amplify weak sectors

Gigarec is probably some feature someone would try once and never really use(Just my opinion). It itself has compatibility issues all its own.Securec ia also another feature that someone would rarely use IMHO. Are these extra little gimmicks really worth an extra 50 bucks to you? The liteon 52327s is about 45 bucks and the Plextor Premium is about 102 bucks(newegg prices). With the Liteon 52327s you can also burn safedisc 2 without amplify weak sectors. I admit that the Pextor Premium is a good product, but I think the price is quite high relative to other drives. If the Plextor was close to the same price as the liteon it would be a good deal, but its not.

Hmm.

Maybe you are right, but I think GigaRec and also that (I don’t know how it is called) but it is for making better compatibilty with audio cd in players will be used more often - for examle car radios like the one my brother have or for my CD-Player (which is not that good to read CD-Rs without problems). Especially GigaRec is in much drives readable as long as you don’t go over the 99min because most drives can’t read more than 99min. But with SecuRec you are right it would not be used that often.

But I haven’t bought a new burner now for a long time and so if I would buy a new burner now, I think I would choose the Plextor. Also because I know my last burner is still working without any problems and it is a Plextor PX-W1210A (one of the first of it).
But not only because of that I so know about the quality, because I think the Lite-Ons have good quality too (maybe not ocmpletely as good as the plextor), but I especially like this features the new Plextor have so that would be another point for buying.

Conclusion for me:
I would buy the new Plextor if I would buy a new burner.

Btw. the Lite-Ons really only cost 45€? I mean burners were more expensive as I bought my last one and the fast were short before also something like 100€ normally or are I am wrong here.

the Plex Premium can copy Safedisc 2 without amplify weak sectors also.
Lite-On drives are very cheap in price, they are also good drives too.
my Plex Premium cost $150.
the Lite-On 52327s cost around $90.
these are Canadian prices.
the extra $60 for the Premium was well worth it for me.
sold my Plex 24/10/40a and my Lite-On 40125s and my Premium does way more than those 2 drives put together.
still Lite-On makes very good drives.

sorry but i’ve make a full 1/ 1 COPY!!!
i’ve installed it on an other system whitout any blindwrite software.and it works PERFECTLY!!i’ve got a WAITEC MEGALUS / 1

@SilverFox:

that we doesn’t mean, we meant that blindwrite uses in case it is no plextor premium and you have disabled to make an emulated copy, it will make a copy using TwinPeak-Method, which means that the copy then won’t work in all drives - but there is no blindwrite emulation then required. For example it would not work in any of my drives.
Only the Plextor Premium could make a real 1:1 copy.

@Accel7:

I too think that the Plextor Premium is well worth to pay 50€ more. That I already said in my post, and I also said that the Plextor Premium doesn’t need Amplify weak sectors to make a working Savedisc 2 copy, so it is a very good burner. Especially I like some of its features.

i’ve tried it in 3 other sistem and work in all of them…:rolleyes:

as said nothing to do with system, it has to do with drives.
And in most new drives the work but in older Toshiba and Plextor like my ones they don’t work.

Silverfox the problem with Twinpeaks is that the copy will start on all drives but will not install in many of them!

Silverfox the problem with Twinpeaks is that the copy will start on all drives but will not install in many of them!

Yes, but in my drives start up also doesn’T work but that is not so often. But that the startup takes longer that is a bit more often then.

But with installation you are completely right, it won’t install in many drives then.

I used the method stated by Kamikaze in another post. SOmething like this:

1. Alcohol exctract. Max Speed
  2. BWA file at 4x.
  3. Twin Peaks
  4. Image burn Max Speed.

So far Im hitting 50% (1 on 2 tries) with the method using a Lite on 40125s flashed to a 48125W with latest binary. Image read with same drive. The time I failed, I got the BWA speed to 12x, so it’s a no-no to speed thing up.

I managed to used it and the machine didn’t ask for the CD Rom, and even better, managed to install it on my second machine for some cool lan play…ran without a glitch thru 12 hours of continous play (this game is good).

I’m going to do a side note and admit I didn’t use the provided key on the second machine. I was afraid that one machine might nuke each other or that some kind of piracy report was sent to Blizzard (had the net connected downloading Tron2 Demo) nuking my genuine cd key…can someone confirm if I can use the same on both machines without hurting my chance of going to Battlenet later? Thnx in advance.

I’m going to do a side note and admit I didn’t use the provided key on the second machine. I was afraid that one machine might nuke each other or that some kind of piracy report was sent to Blizzard (had the net connected downloading Tron2 Demo) nuking my genuine cd key…can someone confirm if I can use the same on both machines without hurting my chance of going to Battlenet later? Thnx in advance.

The problem here then is more that you are not able to join a LAN-game if there is somebody with the same cd-key in it. So you would have troubles so or so, btw. I think Blizzard also wants you to buy two games in such cases.

And as I said if the copies TwinPeak method work once in your drive, they will keep working. In mine they don’t or at least startup would take much longer, but sometimes it completely doesn’t work.

At least I can confirm that 48125W drives can record the game using the method.

It’s sad that Blizzard might want me (or anyone else for that matter) to buy a copy for each PC in the house. :Z
I got mine and it should be more than enoguh to get al the fun I want for the game. I not only play from this machine, but I also do some 3d Rendering and anyone that uses such programs know how LONG they are to finnish a job and how hard they are on a PC (Try a 10,000,000 poligon scene with AA and volumetric fog and ligths and youll know what Im talking about.). I might use the other one, so saying that playing in the other PC is illegal is RIDICULOUS at worst.

If not on both machines is played at the same time it is not illegal, but LAN play for example would be then.

So if you are not going to play on LAN it should not make any difference if you install both machines with the same cd-key. Should not infect Battle.net because how should the control this: i mean you could change IP, network card, etc.