Subtitles

Hi

Is there any way I can leave my subtitles intact when copying a movie to disc, but at the same time prevent them from coming on automatically when watching a movie on my DVD player.

Many thanks.

[quote=Icewarrior;2236436]Hi

Is there any way I can leave my subtitles intact when copying a movie to disc, but at the same time prevent them from coming on automatically when watching a movie on my DVD player.

Many thanks.[/quote]
hmmm not sure on this Chris I never keep them, but I have noticed that when you select subtitles using DVDFab they are set as active on the backup copies which they are not like that on the original DVD :confused:
I know none of my other backup software does this…only DVDFab creates this issue :frowning:

You should be able to run the file in PgcEdit and reset “Forced Subs”.

[quote=Icewarrior;2236436]Hi

Many thanks.[/quote]If the subtitles do not appear when you play the original, they are not forced. In Merge, Customize/No Menus and Main Movie modes, if you accidentally click the default arrow on (next to the subpic stream selection checkbox) they will appear. You can fix this with PGCEdit (I think) or just re-do the rip. Do all DVDs do this or just some?

With an earlier version of DVDFab, some users reported that subpics that they had been viewing with the Preview screen were included on their backups. I never have had this happen, but I don’t use Preview very much.

I did not mean original file, I meant the file he did. Should have been more specific.

Thanks for your input guy it’s much appreciated.

Do all DVDs do this or just some?

Most of the Movies I came across do, that’s why I tend to delete the sub picture.

I just thought it would be a better option for the user to make the decision themselves, if they want/need to view them when necessary,and not on start up.

You should be able to run the file in PgcEdit and reset “Forced Subs”.

Will thats be quite a difficult task ?

Many thanks

If you never used PgcEdit before, it may be little confusing at the beginning, but it is quite valuable piece to learn, specially if you get involved with DVD.
You can also look at the settings, as [B]signals[/B] suggest, if you can find a solution to your problem.
If original DVD has subtitles selectable by menu, than copy should be the same, uless some settings in software are set wrong or software has a bug.
Mind you sometime a movie has subs burned in (part of the picture), in that case you cannot select them, they just show up. This is usually if, for example, a movie is English speaking and some person start speaking in foreign language in some dialogues. You cannot erase those either.