Subtitles problem with ConvertXtoDVD

vbimport

Hi everybody…

I’m having a problem getting subtitles to show up when I convert movie files to DVD format. I thought I had it all figured out, but apparently not.

My understanding was that if you have an .srt subtitle file located in the same folder as the movie file, and the subtitle file has the exact same name as the movie file, then ConvertXtoDVD will automatically pick them up and put them on the converted DVD file. This has worked fine for me in the past. However, recently I got a movie from Egypt, and even though ConvertXtoDVD acknowledges that the subtitle stream is there, the subtitles don’t appear on the converted movie. When I watch the original, unconverted file on Windows Media Player, the subs appear, but I don’t like to watch movies on my computer, I like to burn them to DVD and watch them on my TV! Anyway, I thought maybe it was just a glitch with that particular movie, but it’s happened again with a German movie I just got.

So my question is…am I forgetting something? I swear this used to work fine, now it doesn’t. Any ideas as to what gives?

The version of ConvertXtoDVD I’m running is 2.0.13.128, if that matters.

Thanks!

I’m thinking it is a problem with the format. US is NTSC, and foreign countries are PAL. To play it properly, you would have to have a dvd player which played both formats. I’m sure there is some sort of work around for the problem.

The problem isn’t in the playing of the DVD, it’s in the conversion of the original movie file to DVD format. Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Somebody on another forum advised that I upgrade to the latest version, so I did, and nothing has changed. The .srt file is named exactly as the movie file, the subtitles work fine when I play the original movie file in WMP, ConvertXtoDVD recognizes the subtitle stream, but when the conversion is done, the subtitles are not on the movie, so for me there is no use in burning a DVD. What’s really puzzling to me is that this used to work fine. I have in the past converted a number of movies with .srt files without any problem, so I don’t understand why this is happening now. From what I’ve read in other threads around the various forums, I’m not the only one who is experiencing this.

Any other ideas???

when I tested this I had to turn on the subtitles with my dvd player

Thanks. Again, I am not even getting to the point of burning a DVD. What would be the point of burning a DVD if there are no subtitles in the converted file?

Before this problem started occurring, the subtitles were always visible in the video preview during the conversion process. Then, after the conversion was complete, I would play the file in PowerDVD and the subtitles would show up there as well.

Now, as the conversion is happening, it is clear from the video preview that the subtitles are not making their way onto the converted file. Then when the conversion is complete and I play the file in PowerDVD, the subtitles do not appear there either. Yet according the the log file, the subtitles should be there.

open the files with dvdshrink

WHAT?

I’m having the very same problem, I’m pretty sure it used to add the subtitles to the completed Dvd too. I’m trying to burn the film “Angels & Demons”, there are some parts that are in Latin.

When I watch in VLC media player I can see the subs. But when burnt to disc, nothing. Very annoying.

Has “Angels & Demons” been released on DVD/Blue Ray yet?

[QUOTE=camellote;2442714]Has “Angels & Demons” been released on DVD/Blue Ray yet?[/QUOTE]

It’s out a while now in Ireland and were usually one of the last countries for releases:)

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2442479]I’m having the very same problem, I’m pretty sure it used to add the subtitles to the completed Dvd too. I’m trying to burn the film “Angels & Demons”, there are some parts that are in Latin.

When I watch in VLC media player I can see the subs. But when burnt to disc, nothing. Very annoying.[/QUOTE]

It would be good to start your own thread as this is over 2 years old. Plus you didn’t give much info to go own. And if stated properly you said the Angels & Demons" is out on dvd/BD. Why are you trying to burn it to DVD? I find that ironic if you have it already why are you burning to DVD/BD?? If your having that much problem go and purchase it. That would support the industry.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2442964]It would be good to start your own thread as this is over 2 years old. Plus you didn’t give much info to go own. And if stated properly you said the Angels & Demons" is out on dvd/BD. Why are you trying to burn it to DVD? I find that ironic if you have it already why are you burning to DVD/BD?? If your having that much problem go and purchase it. That would support the industry.[/QUOTE]

Nah, were not rich like you.

Never said was rich so don’t assume something that isn’t there. As I was trying to say what your doing is against copyright protection as since it is out on dvd/BD and your converting a file to dvd is something against the forum rules.