Subtitles don't burn

[qanda]This thread is about the Philips DivX DVD Player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]When I burn a foreign movie that has subtitles already hardcoded, the subtitles do not burn on my dvd disk.
I have tried both my Nero 7 and my Roxio 9 software.

[QUOTE=dmoore2145;2230733][qanda]This thread is about the Philips DivX DVD Player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]When I burn a foreign movie that has subtitles already hardcoded, the subtitles do not burn on my dvd disk.
I have tried both my Nero 7 and my Roxio 9 software.[/QUOTE]

Hae??

Hardcoded subs are within the flick!!

What does that mean?

[QUOTE=dmoore2145;2231363]What does that mean?[/QUOTE]

It means that they are now part of the movie (you don’t have to turn subtitle on/off) and if they are not showing, then they are not hardcoded.

As you didn’t mention what format the movie is in I must ask is the movie an avi file and your converting it to dvd? if it is an avi file is there a second file with the same name but the file extension is .srt?

[QUOTE=dmoore2145;2230733][qanda]This thread is about the Philips DivX DVD Player. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]When I burn a foreign movie that has subtitles [B]already hardcoded[/B], the subtitles do not burn on my dvd disk.
I have tried both my Nero 7 and my Roxio 9 software.[/QUOTE]
Always best to do a little homework and learn the various terms used. As was mentioned “subtitles already hardcoded” means they are part of the the image/movie. If the subs [I]were[/I] hardcoded (burned in) Nero would have worked.