Subtitle

vbimport

Hi,
I am trying to convert Betty Blue to an AVI and I have selected the English subtitles but they do not seem to be there. Any ideas? Also when the movie is loaded into dvdfab why cant we see the subtitles in the small window?

Cheers

You have to select “Direct Render to Video” on the Configure screen for the subs to show up and make sure there is no checkmark in the “Display Forced Subpic” box if they are just regular subtitles. The subtitles in the preview window would be too small to read, but I agree this would be useful feature to see if you had the correct one selected.[quote=maid;2035512]Hi,
I am trying to convert Betty Blue to an AVI and I have selected the English subtitles but they do not seem to be there. Any ideas? Also when the movie is loaded into dvdfab why cant we see the subtitles in the small window?

Cheers[/quote]

Hi,
Done all that and still no subtitles.

Cheers

[quote=maid;2035546]Hi,
Done all that and still no subtitles.

Cheers[/quote]I don’t have that title to test with. The subtitle function worked fine for me yesterday making an MP4 conversion of Eastern Promises.

[quote=maid;2035512]Hi,

Cheers[/quote]

Hi maid,
do you have same problems with other titles? Is the source a DVD or a DVD-folder from HD? I don’t know the resolution you used…
In some cases there are minor problems on some machines with subs.

By the way a big hello to signals. I know, he has no problems with subs, never…:flower:

Hi AF! Good to see you in the forum. Your questions are all ones that I should have asked.:o[quote=Amiga Freak;2035810]Hi maid,
do you have same problems with other titles? Is the source a DVD or a DVD-folder from HD? I don’t know the resolution you used…
In some cases there are minor problems on some machines with subs.

By the way a big hello to signals. I know, he has no problems with subs, never…:flower:[/quote]

Hi,
The vob files are on my HD I have had no probs with other subtitles.

I am using Generic avi xvid audiocopy 720 x 400 0.200 bits/pixels.

Whilst you guys are trying to help me I also sometimes have another problem with some of my AVI not F/F but freeze up.

The guys on Mx-760 forum recon its because my bits/pixels are too high.

What do you think?

Chers 4 all your help

Typical DVD resolution is 720x480, could it be that this DVD puts the subtitles in th 80 pixels you’re cutting off? I’ve had a few DVDs that put the subtitles in the black bars of widescreen movies that are stored as full frame. I’d try converting at 720x480 and see if that fixes things.

jdbower may have a good idea in the post just above.:clap: Go to Common Settings and disable auto cropping, then do another conversion using the Advanced Title Settings button to select only one chapter so the test won’t take long. Leave the bits/pixel where it is for now. If you are making this for a handheld media player, there is no need to select such a large screen size. Try one that is closer to the native resolution of the screen on the device. The files will be much smaller and the conversion faster.[quote=maid;2036005]Hi,
The vob files are on my HD I have had no probs with other subtitles.

I am using Generic avi xvid audiocopy 720 x 400 0.200 bits/pixels.

Whilst you guys are trying to help me I also sometimes have another problem with some of my AVI not F/F but freeze up.

The guys on Mx-760 forum recon its because my bits/pixels are too high.

What do you think?

Chers 4 all your help[/quote]

I have the exact same issue trying to rip Apocalypto to mp4. No subtitles display even at 720x480.

The subtitles in Apocalypto are well up into the picture. Have you tried something smaller than 720x480? Does the Conversions settings screen say “Direct Render to Video” in the Subpicture area on the lower right?

No I haven’t tried something less than 720x480, but that is a good idea. I will start that conversion right now.

It does say Direct Render to Video in the subpicture area.

I did post my profile I was using to convert to mp4 in the other thread you responded to in case anyone else wants to try.

I do all mine at 480x270. I can’t understand why this will not work for you.