Subtitle rendering bug still not fixed!

vbimport

Once in a while I update to the latest release (now is 5.0.2.5) and enjoy all the new features and bug fixes, but the only and most important bug which makes DVDFab almost unusable is still not fixed! :sad:

Subtitles are still not rendered correctly in the situations described in this thread: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/subtitle-bug-still-not-fixed-last-release-240589/.

Ting promised to try to fix the problem, but apparently 4 releases after nothing has happened yet. Is it difficult to fix or just lack of time?

Any hope anytime soon?

Thanks

Just in case I am posting again how the subtitle looks so to understand what the problem is.

The full descritpion is available in thethread linked above.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=alex60;2069561]Just in case I am posting again how the subtitle looks so to understand what the problem is.

The full descritpion is available in thethread linked above.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

New beta out give it a try.

While it is not 100%, this certainly looks like a substantial improvement with v.5.0.2.8 Beta.
This profile was done with Ipod H.264 (attached)
I’m converting a second run with Ipod MPEG-4

Ipod MPEG-4

Nope. It is still broken in the latest beta. For the new comers to this problem, please read the full thread linked above. As it is explained this problem appears only to specific resolutions where 720x400 is one of those and the one I am using.

Thanks.

Yeah, I agree.

But all you have to do is change the resolution slightly (Say 4px in the Y dimension) and all is good.

I am not aware that you can freely change resolutions other than those predefined. How do you that?

Thanks

Edit the profile…

Thanks. I have tried to use 720x404 but it didn’t help. I’ll try with different sizes and see if I can ifnd one that does the triock. Thanks again.

Sometimes there are same problems with generic profile 720x… . For me it works better with 704x400 as default output.

That’s true. 704x400 works fine for me too. The only problem is that when I play it on my computer connected to the television the image does not completely fills the screen horizontally :frowning:

What’s about 704x480 ? 704x400 worked fine with PAL standard. Standalones have no problems if settings are correct. Maybe you must change some settings for transfer to TV ?

EDIT: On my PC any player gives correct AspectRatio on screen. But I do not stream to TV…

Yes on my PC too. The problem is with how graphiccard does the overlay on the TV output. 704x480 would not help (beside giving me the worm aspect ratio, because the probelm is horizontally and not vertically).

Anyway the very best would be for this bug to be fixed :wink:

[quote=alex60;2071930]
…Anyway the very best would be for this bug to be fixed ;-)[/quote]

Yes, you’re right. But I’m afraid, we will wait a long time for this special fix. A last tip from me: Try idx/sub. I’m not sure if there is a difference… Hope the new version helps. Good luck!

is there a different thread about the opposite issue? when i archive, DVDFab Plat automatically encodes the subtitles…i don’t want the subtitles…is there a setting i’m missing somewhere?

If you UNcheck all the subpicture boxes (lower right) before you click Next, they should not appear. You should not see “Direct Render to Video” for subpictures when you click on the Conversion Settings button.