Subtitle in standalone DVD player

vbimport

Hello!
I have made a backup of my DVD film Black Hawk Down and im still a neewbie about this DVD stuff so im still learning . When I play my backup DVD film in my standalone DVD player ( Pioneer DV-454 ) I get no subtitle at all, when I select the subtitle it already say swedish but there aint any subtitle at all, when I try the backup disc in my PC I have subtitle and can choose between diffrent subtitels like my original DVD film … :confused:
Everything else works like it should only the subtitle that dont work :frowning:

I belive it has something to do with my standalone DVD player and not the way I made the backup as it works in my pc.

Anyone familiar with this problem and can help me ? as I dont know why my standalone DVD player cant show the subtitels.

My hardware if it’s any help:

Pioneer DV-454 standalone DVD player.
NEC ND-1100 DVD burner internal
Hitachi DVD-ROM internal.

Software used to shrink the DVD film:

DVDshrink1.0.3 ( to shrink the film to fit in one DVD disc )
ImGTools ( to make a image of the vob files to be able to burn it )
DVD Decrypter ( latest version … to burn the image file )

Regards

Lunda

I belive it has something to do with my standalone DVD player and not the way I made the backup as it works in my pc.

I think you answered your own question. I can think of two reasons why sub’s not showing up, 1) The Pioneer player can’t pickup the subtitle track, which means 2) In the process of backing up the DVD, you or the program dropped the subtitle track to make space for the movie. What you can do is backup another DVD and see if the same thing happens again.

But I can see the subtitle in powerDVD and I can change them there aswell. There is 5 subtitels in the backup and I can use them all in powerDVD and I can choose them in my standalone DVD player but they aint showing at all . when I press the subtitle button on my remote to my standalone DVD player the subtitle are selected but not showing …

I have made 3 backups of the same film and all 3 contains same probs with the subtitle :frowning:

:confused:

Regards

Lunda

The same happened to me with Sniper and Sniper 2 PAL EU version but i think it was dvddecrypter 3.1.5.0
they both show subs in powerdvd but not on my standalone and i can select them all but nothing shows up.
Oh both were DVD5 dvd`s so i didnt do any transcoding/encoding to them i just ripped and burned them.
With dvddecrypter version 3.1.6.0 i didnt have that problem.
Hope this helps.