Subtitle extraction problem in generic mode

Hi,

I’m using DVD Fab Platinum v4.0.1.2 in ‘generic’ mode. I have only one subpicture selected (english) and in the configuration screen under ‘subpicture’, ‘extract to idx/sub file’ is selected. The file renders correctly and the .idx & .sub files show up in the same directory. However, when I play back the xvid file, in DirectVobSub it shows the subtitle as (Not Detected). It seems like DVD Fab is creating unreadable subtitle files. I’ve tested the same DVD with other stand-alone subtitle extraction software and it works fine.

Does anyone know what might be the problem?

Thanks!

Hi bizarro,
have you this problem in both ways (Converting from DVD & HD) ?
Same problem, if using “render as video” ???

[QUOTE=Amiga Freak;1952711]Hi bizarro,
have you this problem in both ways (Converting from DVD & HD) ?
Same problem, if using “render as video” ???[/QUOTE]

Hello Amiga Freak and thanks for the reply.

Do you mean selecting ‘Direct render to video’? I’ve done that before and it works fine. I only have trouble creating readable .idx & .sub files.

Hi Bizarro
I don’t normally use subtitle files so I don’t have many tools for them, but I just tried a test with Pirates 3 R1. VobSubStrip (all I have) does report “not detected” but the files are complete and fully functional when played with VLC Media Player (again, all I have that will use idx/sub files). This may be a naming or version problem, as VLC reports the subtitle track name as “–”. But they do work perfectly.