Subtitle Creator Wizard problem

vbimport

I’m trying to use the wizard in Subtitle Creator to add subtitles to a DVD and keep menus, etc, intact. Everything seems to work fine, but the resulting DVD does not seem to have the subtitles on it. When I check in DVD Shrink or similar software I can see there is a subtitle track, but it won’t display on PC DVD software or on my standalone DVD player.

What am I doing wrong? Please help as it’s driving me mad!

If the subtitle stream is there you should be able to select them with a remount, if it has subtitle button.
Some software players are not able to select subs from their window.
They are not showing because they are not selectable by menu.
There is an option in Creator under Tools, last icon, to install subtitles to the menu, but it is looking for PgcDemux, MuxMan and VobBlanker (all free). You will have to get those.

[quote=CDuncle;2063197]
There is an option in Creator under Tools, last icon, to install subtitles to the menu, but it is looking for PgcDemux, MuxMan and VobBlanker (all free). You will have to get those.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: That is the option I have been using (DVD Authoring Wizard) and I have those 3 programmes installed. But, the subs still don’t seem to be selectable when it has finished its work…

Make sure that the added subtitle is enabled in the PGC using PgcEdit and verify that there is no hole/gap in the subtitle streams. Software player and standalones won’t display the subs after the gap.

Unless there’s no P-UOPs in place standalones usually CAN switch subs on/off via remote without using any menu.