Subtitle and da movie

vbimport

First: Why is this forum calles DivX :wink: ??? /me don’t understand da ;-).
Then: I have some movies. Charlie’s Angels for example… …my dad want’s to watch it with subtitles. So I down subtitles and subviewer. So when I try to watch it the subtitles are mucho faster than the things will be said in the movie. Tried some things with er… ‘Increase or Decrease the beginning of subtitle with Milliseconds’ so I tried: 3000, 5000, 60000, -3000, -5000, etc. etc. Problem: NOTHING WORKS FINE :frowning: Who knows how I can handle that *****problem?

Thanx in advance :slight_smile:

I think your prob is that the subs you’ve downed are from a DivX with another framerate. PAL DivX movies are most of the time playing at 25FPS. NTSC are 29,…FPS. (mostly)
So if the speeds don’t match then you won’t get it right.
MayB there are progs to convert this speed… I never use subs so I don’t know that.

Thank you Wookie :slight_smile:
Let’s check it out… …The program gives a Framerate of 29.x , and i can change that to 25 i believe… …well… …i’m trying now :slight_smile:
It’s still some seconds too late… …let’s try with increasing decreasing start blabla :slight_smile:
Any other people with reactions :slight_smile: ?

dunno if this might help:

http://users.pandora.be/vlad/subsync/index.htm (English)
http://users.pandora.be/vlad/subsync/index_nl.htm (Dutch)

Originally posted by jpschadde
Thank you Wookie :slight_smile:
Let’s check it out… …The program gives a Framerate of 29.x , and i can change that to 25 i believe… …well… …i’m trying now :slight_smile:
It’s still some seconds too late… …let’s try with increasing decreasing start blabla :slight_smile:
Any other people with reactions :slight_smile: ?

It’s now a few secs to late right?! But doesn’t get any later as you watch the movie?!
Then the subs must start sooner… right?

Well, I tried almost everything; but Charlie’s Angels I have been watching in English :slight_smile:
Those subtitles are relaxed; if it works :frowning:
Amazind Duke; /me is just checking it out :slight_smile: