Submitting data for a laptop DVD burner not in the database

vbimport

I would like to submit data for a laptop DVD burner. However, I do not know whether or not to call it a Lenovo ThinkPad Ultrabay Slim DVD Burner model number 41N5643, or to call it a Matshita UJ-852, which is the name reported in the Device Manager. Neither of these are in the hardware database.

I know only that the Lenovo version of this drive fits in UltraBay Slim and UltraBay Enhanced-equipped Lenovo and IBM laptops natively, but know nothing on how this drive is integrated into other laptops like some Sony Vaio laptops this drive is used in. I also know that the Lenovo version of this drive has the same technical specifications as the generic Panasonic UJ-85J-B shown on Panasonic’s website except that its maximum bus speed is Ultra DMA Mode 2 (UDMA/33), while the UJ-85J-B’s maximum bus speed is Ultra DMA Mode 4 (UDMA/66). I do not know if the restricted speed is due to the drive itself or UltraBay Slim restrictions, so I might be handicapping the drive’s specs if the UDMA/33 speed is due to UltraBay Slim restrictions and not the drive itself.