CloneBD malfunctions AFTER applying registration key.
- OS Version WIndows 7
- GPU TypeIntel
- Drive Type LG WH14NS40, Virtual Clone Drive and builtin Iso Reader
- CloneBD Version 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Source Original-Disc and .iso Copy
- Did CloneBD hang, crash or bring up some error messages? Acts like it was successful
- Destination mp4
- Disc Label/Title - all tried
- Amazon ASIN Code (if available)
- [B]SHORT and STRAIGHT description of, what happened[/B].
I am able to create successful .mp4 file(s) from multiple original disks and .iso’s created with AnyDVDHD. All play properly and have CloneBD Watermark.
When I enter my registration key (lifetime) and restart CloneBD the process proceeds the same as in the trial mode until you get to the “Target” stage and you get a warning “This File already exists and will be overwritten”. This happens even if it is the first time a movie/episode is being processed or the target directory is empty.
After clicking the “Begin Conversion” button The next screen IMMEDIATELY says “Conversion Successful”. The result is a “0” byte file with the correct filename.
If I uninstall CloneBD AND remove registration information, reinstall CloneBD in trail mode I am able to once again create working mp4 files.
If I uninstall CloneBD BUT keep registration information and reinstall CloneBD. The “0” byte file problem returns.
I have repeated this process three times each with versions 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 all with the same results
Note: when I installl the registration my name and a status of “forever” does show in the “About” window.