SubCodes Reading in x8 !?! with Plextor 40/12/40A?

Hi,

I have a little problem with my Plextor 40/12/40A, when I active sub-codes reading option in somes software (DiscJuggler Pro 4.1056, or BlindWrite Suite, or CloneCD 4.2.0.2), the CD Writer read Disc in x8 Max and When I disabled Sub-Code reading option, CD Writer read Disc in x24, If someone has some explication ?

Configuration :
Athlon XP 2100+ (Abit KG7-Raid with last bios)
1Go RAM
PlexWriter Firmware : v1.02

I have try without ASPI Driver (4.72.1) and with, it’s always a same problem

Explanation is quite simple: the Plextor PX-W4012TA drive is limited to 8x reading when extracting the SubChannel Data. Nothing you can do about this. The PX-W4824TA drive, btw, is not limited to 8x anymore.

Thank you for this quickly answer ! :wink:

I want to know if it’s because I have a VIA Chipset in my motherboard ?

But I want to know if other user has a same problem ?

As I said: it’s a limitation of the drive itself and NOT software related. The Plextor PX-W4012TA simply cannot read the SubChannel Data faster than 8x. There’s nothing you can do about this.

Ok, I understand :frowning:

I would like to know which software can create a real 1:1 copy?

For the moment I use DiscJuggler Pro 4.1056 for me it’s the best.

I have found CD Master Clone Pro 9, and I would to know it’s reproduce a same error than original ? or anyone can tell me where I can try it ?

Thank again !

For copy-protected discs I think CloneCD is the best software to use. Although it still has some problems with the latest SafeDisc and SecuRom version it does its job just fine for me. DiscJuggler is also great but it’s more difficult to use than CloneCD. Other programs to make 1:1 copies with are Alcohol 120% and Blindwrite Suite. Both programs also do a great job of making 1:1 copies. Read some of the threads on our forum for more information on these programs.