Subchannel Data

vbimport

Ok I found out that my Plexwriter 1610A does not support reading Subchannel Data. Hmmm ...if this won't do it does anyone know if the NEC DV-5700A DVD drive can read subchannel data? because all i'd have to do is read on that drive of mine and then burn with my plexwriter for subchannel data jobs.....

does anyone have the dv-5700a dvd drive or know anyway that i can work out whether it can read subchannel data?

Well…
If your writer doesn’t read sub-codes,then just read without it…:smiley:
but you’ll need to enable Daemon-Tools’s Securom Emulation…
It can help you to create backup without sub-codes…:stuck_out_tongue:

If you want a DVD which is good for reading subchannel data, get a Toshiba.

Originally posted by urunow
Well…
If your writer doesn’t read sub-codes,then just read without it…:smiley:
but you’ll need to enable Daemon-Tools’s Securom Emulation…
It can help you to create backup without sub-codes…:stuck_out_tongue:

Hello urunow of Daemon’s Forum :wink: D-Tools can’t help you to create backup without sub-codes; rather it will emulate while the backup is running. This is not the point of this forum.

The answer to the NEC question is a bit complicated;

My NEC DV-5700a will authenticate SecuROM games but will not extract data via CCD.

If I attempt to read an image, CCD gives me an error to say that reading of SubChannel data is not supported. However the fact that I can authenticate SecuROM games suggests that it has some awareness of sub-channels. Apparently it is possible for non-readers to authenticate games - there was a thread about this some while ago - but I don’t understand how.

Hope that helps.

Does CloneCD really say your drive can’t read sub channel data, or does it say that your drive can’t read 96 bytes of sub channel data?

Originally posted by alexnoe
Does CloneCD really say your drive can’t read sub channel data, or does it say that your drive can’t read 96 bytes of sub channel data?

I don’t recall it mentioning anything about how much - in terms of bytes it could or could not read, it simply said something like;

NEC _DV5700: The reading of Sub Channel data from this device is not supported.

After that I started using the writer to read and write. Until now that is as my LTD-163D arrived yesterday [Woo Hoo]

For my original thread see here

The point is: if it tells “can’t read 96 bytes…”, then your drive should be able to read 16 subchannel bytes.