Sub title SRT file Editing Help

vbimport

I have a question about editing srt files. I have a movie that the sequence of the subs is good up to the middle of the movie, then it becomes about 6 seconds of sequence. I viewed the srt file and confirmed that it is off the time by 6 seconds.

I was wondering if there is a easy way of adding 6 seconds midway within the movie sub file (srt) without having to change each individual timing mark. And if they do need to all be change, is there a program or something that I can use to do it for me?
thanks for any help.

You can try DVDSubedit (free)
http://download.videohelp.com/DVDSubEdit/

I dl but the program doesn’t edit srt files. just vob and sup files. You know of any other program maybe, that edits srt files?

Just create another backup of that movie.

chef, the movie is fine it’s the srt file that is off by 6 seconds according to the timing mark half way through the file.

I should imagine that the major editing softwares should allow you to adjust the lenght of the srt. Take a look at things like adobe premiere elements, ulead studio, pinnacle studio, or go to www.videohelp.com/tools and search for srt

OK, listen what harley2ride posted. :wink:

THX harley2ride, I went to the site and clicked on subtitle category and dl a program called, “Jubler subtitle editor” and it worked perfect. It was able to do a time shift to the area I selected. The best part is that it was free. THX again

I need to edit SRT subtitles too. I opened the file with TextEditor and I saw all the words and timing, is possible that I edit there as if was a .txt or so, or I need a special software?. I know the idea is crazy but I think working with subtitles is hard.

Thanks again,

[QUOTE=CopperTomato;2013084]I need to edit SRT subtitles too. I opened the file with TextEditor and I saw all the words and timing, is possible that I edit there as if was a .txt or so, or I need a special software?. I know the idea is crazy but I think working with subtitles is hard.

Thanks again,[/QUOTE]

Working with vhs to dvd was hard too, before spending lots of time learning it. Heck, even backing up movies is hard until you learn how.

I find I can do all my editing of srt subs in either Subrip and Subtile Workshop, both free and worth a look.

I personally find Subtitle Workshop easier to use than Subrip.

I was wondering if there is a easy way of adding 6 seconds midway within the movie sub file (srt) without having to change each individual timing mark.

In Subtitle Workshop, you open the sub and the video. You run the video up to the point where the sub gets off sync. You select the line that matches that point and all subsequent lines and press on the move button. Done. Of course that implies that the gap is the same until the end.
There is also a sync function but somehow it never seems to work properly.

Link to Subtitle Workshop

hey can i ask u sth about the subtitle workshop?i had a subtitle in english and i wanted to translate it in greek.so i uploaded the original subtitle and made the changes.i replaced each subtitle with the translation and then saved it as sth i dont know what.it had several options of format files and i could not figure out which one was the correct one meaning the .str. the subtitle was saved as .xxx and it won t play.do u know how i can save this as .str?

I don’t know how you got the extension xxx or what it is. It might be easier for you to just search for the Greek subtitle for the movie on line. There are hundreds of free sites that offer downloads of subtitles in different languages.

yeach i know but there are no subs for this movie :frowning: its an old one.thanx anyway!

In Subtitle Workshop, Save as, double-click on Subrip and it’ll save as .SRT format.

thanx!!!that worked!!!simple as that!dont know why I got so messed up :wink:

If you really need a such software for editing your subs, there’s one that I know about…!
"Subtitle Workshop"
This is the only software, I guess, that is quite able to solve your any problem regarding subs-editing as extending or reducing the timing of any sub or even all the subs.
So, hope for the best and you can download the mentioned above software from the following site:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Subtitle_Workshop

HOPE YOU’D LIKE IT!!!