Sub-picture quality degraded in DVD to Mobile conversion

Hello,

With the recent few upgraded versions of DVDFab Platinum, I found that the sub-picture quality rendered into the movie in DVD to Mobile - Generic mode has been “degraded”. The sub-picture (subtitle) became very blur and hard to read (the subtitle is in Chinese). I reversed my installation back to 3.1.7.5 and found that the sub-picture quality was much better (readable). Reading through the history of last few versions I didn’t see any changes to the sub-picture feature. Does anyone else experience similar issue?

Thanks!

I don’t normally encode the subs to video for Mobile but I did one as a test last week with the current (3.2.1.0) version and noticed the same thing. The subs have have sharp spikes that stick out horizontally. When this happens with NTSC baseband video it is usually due to white clipping (luminance level too high). Not sure when this started or if it happens with all profiles or bitrates.

Hello,

I am new to this forum. I have exactly the subtitles issue described by signals when encoding PAL DVDs.
It happens for the 2 profiles I tried: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy and xbox360.wmv with a birate of 3000. The subs are encoded in the video because of my Xbo360 which does not handle external subs.

Any solution?

I am using DVDFab Platimum 4.0.5.0.

Thanks.

PS: The same DVDs and subtitles have no issues when encoded using CloneDVDMobile or ImToo DVD Ripper. :frowning:

This problem was months ago and I haven’t heard of it since it was fixed. I will ask Ting to look at your post if I see him in the forum. Please be patient, when this happened before it was a quick fix.

Many thanks. Just read you post in the other thread.

My config is:
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Processor Intel® Core™2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.16386"
Total Physical Memory 2Â 045,82 MB
Available Physical Memory 856,64 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4,23 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2,65 GB