Stutters every 1,5 second in playback when AVI -> DVD

Hi,

I’m having a weird problem when creating a DVD from an AVI-file.
The process I use is this:

• Convert the AVI files with CuCuSoft (latest) to M2V and MPA
  • Using IfoEdit to create BUP/IVO/VOB files into VIDEO_TS
  • Burn the DVD with Nero 6

End result is a movie that has a continous stutter every 1,5 second for the whole duration of the DVD.
This is visible on any player I use, including stand-alone Samsung.
It is visible before the burn, so I exclude Nero 6 as the cause.

This does not happen when I do a convert from AVI -> VCD (*MPG)

I tried killing all processes on my PC that could interfer, but no success.

What I use:

DVD Writer: NEC ND-2510A
Media: Princo 1-4xspeed 4.7g
AVI-> M2V/MPA converter: CuCuSoft v4.56
M2V/MPA --> BUP/IVO/VOB: IfoEdit 0.95
Burn: Nero 6 using default settings

Writing at 4x Speed (slower does not make a difference)

I have been checking about any forum in existence for a resolve, but unable to find an answer.
What I did see was people suffering from stutters due to bad media, but as far as I understand Princo seems to be rather good.

Any help or lead to solution welcome!
Thanks!

i hate to say it, but cucusoft’s software is crap. try looking in the tutorials section of the video forum for better ways to convert your video files.

as far as I understand Princo seems to be rather good.

princos are to be avoided, much like cucusoft. the media forum has a wealth of information on which types of media you should be looking for.

Ok, understand.
Found the guide you referred to. I will give it a try and see if it resolves.
And for the media…welll, I guess I go after some others then :slight_smile:

Hope it works.
Thanks for the help!

Hi this is Micheal Spath, I am a CD Freaks Moderator but foolishly I forgot my password - no worries the admins are working to fix it ASAP - please ignore the “newbie” title in my posts.

You can e-mail me anytime at: mspath@mighty.co.za

Anyway I am a “CD Freaks” expert, which means I am able to assist you in this matter. I strongly advise that you ignore posts by anyone with “member” titles (we call them nobody’s) please only listen to posts by “admins” or even better “mods” such as myself to get professional, error free advice since we follow a comapny “rulebook” thank you.

Acoding to the CDfreaks rulebook, page 105 the answer is obvious - try using Nero6 www.nero.com and memorex DVDs,